Newest Member
    amirah5
Upstate NY/North Country: Heart of Winter 2012

Logan11

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ill take it :santa:

BANDS OF MODERATE TO LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW OVER THE NEXT 2 HOURS...

A COUPLE OF BANDS OF MODERATE TO LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW WILL AFFECT

NORTHERN PORTIONS OF THE CAPITAL REGION...THE MOHAWK VALLEY AND

SARATOGA REGION THROUGH 530 PM. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS THROUGH 530

PM MAY REACH 1 TO 2 INCHES DURING THIS TIME...ESPECIALLY ON COLDER

AND UNTREATED SURFACES. ROADWAYS WILL LIKELY BECOME SNOW OR SLUSH

COVERED DURING THIS TIME...PRODUCING SLIPPERY TRAVEL FOR THE START

OF THE EVENING COMMUTE.

Still a steady light snow here with really poor snow growth.. enough to cover bare ground again though. temperature is down to 31.4 but the warm nose in the mid levels can't be far off. now the question is how quickly the surface temp creeps above freezing after the changover.

It just went to mostly light sleet here now. But we are sitting at 27.7 degrees so it's gonna be an icy mess.

Probably .6" or .7" fell.

Still a steady light snow here with really poor snow growth.. enough to cover bare ground again though. temperature is down to 31.4 but the warm nose in the mid levels can't be far off. now the question is how quickly the surface temp creeps above freezing after the changover.

Almost 2 AM and stilling hanging onto FZRA here at 31.3 degrees. I suppose it will finally edge above freezing before dawn. I had the pleasure of going out to the sat dish to douse it with hot water so I could defrost it and get back on the internet. Gotta love this winter. :whistle:

Definite improvements though on a lot of models vis-a-vis the wx patterns in early February.

Freezing rain and 31.6 Cold air hanging tough at the surface. I'm sure we'll break freezing here before dawn though.

33 here now ... raining good. I hope that's last of it exiting the BGM area now.

I think we went above freezing around 4 AM. At that point we had quite a bit of glaze.

That mild air will break through here eventually and we'll jump 10 degrees in 30 minutes probably.

Moderate rain and 46.0° Nice weather for April or May.

looks like an inch of snow fell here in ottawa overnight, and then a nice glaze of frrzra for 6 hours.

still frzra and 31 currently.

i noticed that there is quite a snow tail to this system as reference in the buffalo obs, and in toronto too after lots of rain there previously.

looks like we'll switch back to a little more snow soon, and avoid the rain completely.....ottawa valley does its job.

they punched straight about freezing in montreal, currently 34 and rain and expecting more rain through the afternoon and a high of 38.

Archived