joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas (Sunday) Night - Windex Potential

Tropopause_Fold

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of those things where a strong s/w and cold air aloft acting with the relative moist ssw flow over the area. Strong cold front to boot.

yeah i could envision a couple of almost convective looking squall lines cutting across NYS and NE. that's a potent shortwave...steep lapse rates and like you said decent low level moisture.

the windex parameters look like they'd be met.

some of the weenie sim rad products already kind of show it.

yeah i could envision a couple of almost convective looking squall lines cutting across NYS and NE. that's a potent shortwave...steep lapse rates and like you said decent low level moisture.

the windex parameters look like they'd be met.

some of the weenie sim rad products already kind of show it.

WINDEX?

Cue Ginx.

WINDEX?

Cue Ginx.

Been watching this closely but will wait until Sat with model chaos, having a potent closed 522 overhead you would think we would whiten the ground and give some holiday cheer. the way models change in close lately though nothing is certain.I do think models do much better with Northern Stream ULLs for some reason so there is hope.

ggem has widespread light qpf.

could be a situation where the CP - especially S CT/S RI/Cape actually sees this (assuming it does materialize) fall as rain and maybe flips. low/mid levels are plenty cold...but the BL cooks for a time sunday PM on strong SW flow.

It may sound crazy or weenieish, but last night's and this morning's RSM look decent. I haven't forgotten how they nailed 1/28/2010.

ggem has widespread light qpf.

could be a situation where the CP - especially S CT/S RI/Cape actually sees this (assuming it does materialize) fall as rain and maybe flips. low/mid levels are plenty cold...but the BL cooks for a time sunday PM on strong SW flow.

I looked at BUFKIT for BOS and it's pretty cold right off the deck. Maybe start as a mix and then flip to snow if it comes down heavy. Models seem to target the Cape in an almost convective looking band setting up that evening too.

I looked at BUFKIT for BOS and it's pretty cold right off the deck. Maybe start as a mix and then flip to snow if it comes down heavy. Models seem to target the Cape in an almost convective looking band setting up that evening too.

yeah looked noticeably colder up your way. i shouldn't have said CP...that's misleading..really should have just listed that S CT to the Cape corridor as that's where the low levels warm fairly considerably sun pm.

yeah looked noticeably colder up your way. i shouldn't have said CP...that's misleading..really should have just listed that S CT to the Cape corridor as that's where the low levels warm fairly considerably sun pm.

Well usually we are fairly warm below 950 on a SSW type wind, but it's pretty dam chilly aloft. I would think upper 30s easily with that wind even at home.

This probably will be hit or miss and not even coat the ground, so hopefully Kevin doesn't get his hopes up too much.

These almost never work out for our latitude. Better NE MA and northward as the low blows up just a tad too far north and probably ultimately even further north given this year's trends.

Archived