• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 23rd light snow potential

ORH_wxman

Yum! Ice crystals which are my all time favorite along with snow needles.........looks good for you Scooter, you have logged many hours this season breaking down this horrific pattern you deserve it. I have come to grips with the fact that I will not see a single solitary snowflake this entire upcoming period.

You'll probably seen some flakes if not maybe a little more at some point.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nam gives most people around the pike 3" I would think (maybe 4" for Will?)...It gives me .5 qpf before the lingering snows and with low 8:1 ratios I would think I could get 3" if the nam was right. The other good think about the nam if it were to verify is the periodic -sn after allows temperatures to stay in the mid 30s and not torch into the mid 40s and torch away all the snow like 18z did.

Jackpot for you folks near the Pike?

Hey Will, could you post the other one to give those of us down here some hope, even if its wrong....thanks man.

Well the other one doesn't really give you anything either...it just enhances all the amounts for people who already got snow in the Kuchera map

http://wxcaster4.com/nam/CONUS1_ETA212_SFC_ACCUMSNOWFALL_84HR.gif

A bit OT, but why does it produce 2 different maps?

'

Its just using different algorithms with the same model data...snowfall is the hardest thing to predict on the models and there are a lot of algorithms made to try and interpret the data in the most accurate manner. They actually have a 3rd map too using 10 to 1 ratio and temps.

'

Its just using different algorithms with the same model data...snowfall is the hardest thing to predict on the models and there are a lot of algorithms made to try and interpret the data in the most accurate manner. They actually have a 3rd map too using 10 to 1 ratio and temps.

Well, we just have to make it follow the most weenie solution now, don't we

Off to bed now.

Treadmill beckons at 5AM

LOL, What a dink move by Pete B...I had to laugh though.

He had a map of where a potential White Christmas could be. SE MA and the Cape were in the "Keep Dreaming" zone. Man I would have been pissed if I were a kid.

I wouldn't even rule out the Cape yet anyway because of what might fall on Xmas eve and into Xmas eve night.

LOL, What a dink move by Pete B...I had to laugh though.

He had a map of where a potential White Christmas could be. SE MA and the Cape were in the "Keep Dreaming" zone. Man I would have been pissed if I were a kid.

While we're on the topic of Pete B...I sent him a tweet about the Friday storm since he seemed so confident about the Sunday storm being snow inland/rain coast. I asked him if he thought there was a potential for a few inches north of the pike...and got this response. lol- elevations may mix.

pbouchardon7 Pete Bouchard

@SNE_wx Not feeling the GFS love for a cold boundary layer and aggressive qpf...yet. Although the colder 850 temps say elevations may mix.

Archived