• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
12/7-12/8 Observation Thread

IsentropicLift

Its been like that over my house since midnight... had some heavy echos overhead but nothing but flurries and the occasional lgt snow

Ugh, I hope that these false positive high-DBZ radar returns are not a harbinger for this upcoming winter; since we had the same situation in the Halloween storm this year. Maybe the strengthening La Nina has robbed us of the 700 mb moisture influx this season; hence, we are getting unfavorable dendrite growth.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had 40 dbz showing up over my house on radar with a temp of 36.9. I was expecting to look outside and see a few mangled flakes. Instead there's not even a drop of precip falling from the sky. 40dbz my a$$.

that's one thing I noticed here is that we had some pretty heavy returns for quite a while, although precip intensity was generally light, moderate at best...zero accumulation, but I wasn't expecting any anyway.

wow, what a wind storm on the coast of CT last night, could here it just above the deck too, very similar to the march 2010 storm where you could tell it was insane a few hundred feet upstairs

had a little sleet at the end too.

Looks like snywx got the screwgy, those soundings were hinting at it yesterday.

The models did a good job picking out the high wind potential.

Notice how the NAM had sustained winds close to 40 kt out by

Eastern LI. I have noticed when the NAM has had 40 kt, we have

verified High Wind Warnings. The NAM had this also during the

12/26/10 blizzard and Irene.

wow, what a wind storm on the coast of CT last night, could here it just above the deck too, very similar to the march 2010 storm where you could tell it was insane a few hundred feet upstairs

had a little sleet at the end too.

Looks like snywx got the screwgy, those soundings were hinting at it yesterday.

Heavy echos overhead while the result was flurries and the occasional lgt snow..

Sounds like quite a few ppl noticed this as well

So your saying this is the result of everyones lack of snow? Even places who changed over earlier in the evening?

It's part of it, bordeline temps at the surface and warm wedges in the column was another part of it, and displaced dynamics from the cold source was another.

Writing was on the wall IMHO

Archived