northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Thursday Wintry Threat II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big shift from your normal attitude. I still think you are in the game if the temps can cool quick enough. You have a legit chance of having the ground at least white. Even the EURO hits you with a few inches on the backside.

It's over..who cares about a coating that will melt by noon. If I don't get at least 2-4 inches it's a failure. SREFS are NW..Euro will come NW again . You'll end up with a foot of snow. Congrats

Dude it's over. I am not going to see a flake of snow. This is wire to wire to rain 95% of SNE. The Euro isn't done coming NW yet. When I saw the GEFS have some amped solutions last nite I knew we were cooked. This is over.

Totally agree. Cold miserable rain is coming in. except for those to our North and west with some latitude and elevation. Most of us might end as some crappy flakes but that is all.

I'm not suicidal, I'm just being realistic . Why would we expect anything to go our way??. This winter is going to go down as one of the top 5 worst. Now that I've admitted it, it's easier to be realistic.

:lol:

stop. that's ridiculous. it could blow from start to finish or it could turn on a dime.

enjoy the weather, it's the only weather ya got.

Southwest flow + no blocking equals NW trend. This could get a bit more amped up though too. Also I think people have been missing the significant banding possible to the NW of the storm. There will probably be a very narrow stripe of 5 up to 10" with little to nothing on either side

Don't worry...according to skierinvermont, it's silly to fear the NW trend because no guidance showed a NNE hit 84 hours out.

ummm what? where did this come from? do we have a problem? I never said anything like that.

all I said was I haven't had time to check the models and didn't realize this was a legit threat until I looked more in depth. Yikes.

Southwest flow + no blocking equals NW trend. This could get a bit more amped up though too. Also I think people have been missing the significant banding possible to the NW of the storm. There will probably be a very narrow stripe of 5 up to 10" with little to nothing on either side

We talked about that all day yesterday...lol.

yeah scooter and i made some references to that yesterday. definitely some signals there.

someone should get hit pretty good...probably powderfreak.

ummm what? where did this come from? do we have a problem? I never said anything like that.

all I said was I haven't had time to check the models and didn't realize this was a legit threat until I looked more in depth. Yikes.

It has become more legit, The foothills and mtns good do well...

EC ens are amped up like the op. I'm probably in a brief RA to +SN scenario as of now, but these 6-12hrly jumps NW are pretty large and there's no sign of stopping yet.

Apologies to snownh for getting on him about trolling SNE with a NW trend days ago....although the trolling was wrong it ended up verifying that way. That was when the s/w was modeled by everything to be flat as a board when it reached our region though. Obviously that will not be the case. :lol:

Yea, well.....modelology dictated that this would not tuck inland....meterology implied that it very well may.

Maybe it was powderfreak....my apologies if so, but it was one of you.

I realized two days ago once I actually looked at the models this was a legitimate threat to track for NNE and said so publicly but apparently some people need a scapegoat.

Needing a scapegoat would imply that I thought that the weather could be controled.

I simply mixed you up with powderfreak.

I wasn't really invested in this because I knew it would likely go to $hit....NBD.

I'm pretty sure he had me confused with you...

Its more a semantics issue too, because I was more implying that a NW trend far enough to really hit NNE (Central/Northern Greens, Whites, up towards Rangley) seemed very unlikely and still does.

It has shifted NW though to western SNE and central New England's delight. Not enough for me, but just enough to botch it for the coastal plain.

Archived