Newest Member
    joxey
ALEET ALEET December 7-8 Snow Threat

am19psu

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

john in the NYC about the euro:

"1004mb surface low just off of Ocean City Maryland at 66 hrs. Precip for everybody but it looks like rain. Best dynamics still south of us so far. 40 F line running just east of NYC. "

sounds warm.

Euro has a widespread 2-4" from RIC to PWM with 4-8 back in the WV/VA Apps. I guess this was the run everyone was waiting for.

All we need now is an ALEET ALEET.

I think this is one of those storms, that will have a good nw band to it. These type of s/w's that have the deformation or stretch out ahead of it to the northeast seem to produce that feature.

I think this is one of those storms, that will have a good nw band to it. These type of s/w's that have the deformation or stretch out ahead of it to the northeast seem to produce that feature.

Yeah, if that decent deepening occurs and the 850s crash from dynamical cooling, a good def band would set up.

Question is are you buying it???????????

Not yet. Surface temps are still really warm and we need a lot of dynamical cooling to overcome it. If we're still seeing the same solution tomorrow at this time, then I'll be on board.

Yeah, if that decent deepening occurs and the 850s crash from dynamical cooling, a good def band would set up.

Not yet. Surface temps are still really warm and we need a lot of dynamical cooling to overcome it. If we're still seeing the same solution tomorrow at this time, then I'll be on board.

Thanks, whats your biggest concern, sliding out to sea, or coming too far west and then temps are an issue? or both :)

It's the BL temps and the rapid cyclogenesis needed to cool the column... this is the first run to really deepen it like that.

Agreed...if there were ever a picture of thread the needle inn the dictionary this storm may fit that bill perfectly.

Euro has a widespread 2-4" from RIC to PWM with 4-8 back in the WV/VA Apps. I guess this was the run everyone was waiting for.

All we need now is an ALEET ALEET.

In this pattern, that would be like a Christmas gift. Now this is all depending on the models staying consistent, and we know how that can go.

Some years it wants to snow whatever the pattern. Any way it will add to our record breaking precip totals. This year's October snowfall was just an anomoly or a taste of what's to come?

I think it's a given this will be a high QPF event with the southern stream tapping into the Gulf. It's just a question of what the p-type will be.

Archived