Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ALEET ALEET December 7-8 Snow Threat

am19psu

its racing

If it snows in Memphis, it will snow here. It happens nearly every time. The radar is showing the snow coming for Memphis. I am more worried about the flooding rains. Absolutely, the soils cannot hold anymore runoff. There is going to be one hell of lot of basements flooded by Thursday morning throughout eastern pa from supersaturation/groundwater issues. The creeks will also rise out of their banks with 1.5" of rain. Residents in the LV better be worried about the flooding. The snow will just add to the misery

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it snows in Memphis, it will snow here. It happens nearly every time. The radar is showing the snow coming for Memphis. I am more worried about the flooding rains. Absolutely, the soils cannot hold anymore runoff. There is going to be one hell of lot of basements flooded by Thursday morning throughout eastern pa from supersaturation/groundwater issues. The creeks will also rise out of their banks with 1.5" of rain. Residents in the LV better be worried about the flooding. The snow will just add to the misery

I seem to recall that it snowed in Memphis a week or so ago...

I seem to recall that it snowed in Memphis a week or so ago...

Your right Ray and thats why I said nearly every time. Whats crazy is that their November snow was as rare as our October snow. New MexicoArizona screamers? usually will drop some snow in Memphis before dumping on us. This appears like the year for this pattern. I am just waiting for one of those lows to drop into the gulf and send a good Miller A our way. Its bound to happen sooner or later

This threat is pretty quitte here...the PA thread has much more discussion. All the talk is about the colder air moving in quicker...is this just hype or are we looking better for snow?

Our location on the "fringe" of Philly and the central PA crew. very quiet over here, but all systems go over there.

From what I am hearing/reading/seeing, the temps are dropping quicker than advertised on the models...if you like snow, this has to be a good thing.

This threat is pretty quitte here...the PA thread has much more discussion. All the talk is about the colder air moving in quicker...is this just hype or are we looking better for snow?

Our location on the "fringe" of Philly and the central PA crew. very quiet over here, but all systems go over there.

From what I am hearing/reading/seeing, the temps are dropping quicker than advertised on the models...if you like snow, this has to be a good thing.

What they are pointing out over there is that there seems to be dynamic cooling caused by the falling/melting snow, cooling the column faster than modeled, which would mean a changeover to snow occuring earlier than progged.

If you look at the most recent HRRR runs, there's a dry slot in the Lehigh Valley with light to moderate snow, while heavy snow is ripping across eastern PA. Is there any merit to that forecast? Should I be worried?

There has been a low precip finger extending into the LV that has concerned me.

Archived