joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ALEET ALEET December 7-8 Snow Threat

am19psu

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

totally agree, this is going to be oct snowstorm but not as significant of snow accums. Anytime when boundary layer issues are around the city does poor. Anyone within 10 miles of the city and below 200 ft prob wont get much. Every 5 miles west or north of the city or gain of 50 ft of elev imho tack a half inch of snow on.

only difference is this is nighttime, not day...might help Philly's case in getting a nudge more than a coating.

my thinking at this point --

Philly gets a coating at the Airport, a couple of inches in Mount Airy)

N & W, Trenton get 1-3

Red Sky, Quakertown, and Chescowx get 3-4

Mike2010 gets 4-7

(Trappe/Collegeville's snowfall observers will report two inches more than whatever reality is. :lol:)

Looks good at this point. I'd be surprised at this point if numbers exceed Oct. hit for many.

The Poconos Barbecue/Deck should see the most.

don't know if this is posted yet good but here is mount holly h w o

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ 458 AM EST TUE DEC 6 2011

NJZ001-007-PAZ054-055-060>062-071000-SUSSEX-WARREN-CARBON-MONROE-BERKS-LEHIGH-NORTHAMPTON-458 AM EST TUE DEC 6 2011

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN NEW JERSEY...EAST CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA AND NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

A PERIOD OF ACCUMULATING SNOW IS LIKELY WEDNESDAY NIGHT. SEVERAL INCHES MAY ACCUMULATE IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN WITH EVEN AN INCH OR TWO POSSIBLE IN THE VALLEYS. MOST OF THE SNOW SHOULD OCCUR AFTER THE WEDNESDAY EVENING COMMUTE AND END BY DAWN THURSDAY. AT THIS TIME...THE MOST PROBABLE OUTCOME FOR THIS EVENT IS SNOWFALL OF 1 TO 4 INCHES BUT THERE IS A SMALL CHANCE OF 5 OR 6 INCH VALUES IN THE POCONOS.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

only difference is this is nighttime, not day...might help Philly's case in getting a nudge more than a coating.

I would give the GFS some modeling redemption with this one, I guess there were a couple of runs where it followed the farther se EC solution, but it did better in holding back the energy in the southern conus than the EC.

We'll see if we stay in it. The models really had us in the sweet spot of the entrance region of the h2.5 jet on Wednesday night.

philly off the new nam looks to change over before hr 45 after hr 42...nam is probably still a 1-3 for the city that falls, not accumulates.

Wow just saw the twister data that the freezing level at PHL drops from 725 mb at 1 am to 987 mb at 4 am.

North and west of us, there is going to be something sweet going on, jet staying on course.

post-623-0-79562400-1323183527.gif

At this point, I'd say Philly and the immediate burbs are looking at cold rain with a changeover to some wet flakes at the end... No blocking, southern stream being stronger (pretty active STJ shoulda known)... Oo well. I hate to say it .. Typical la Nina with no blocking.. The -EPO and And PNA gave us a shot... But too much going against this one.

Archived