joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got lucky with that developing over us. Sometimes it pays to be close to the N-NW side of the dryslot because you get the heavier precip and thundersnow due to the instability. The trowal never really developed over SE KS, it hung around the Wichita to KC area. Areas in SE KS that were expected to get 6+ inches only got 2" or so because of that and the dry air that worked into the system.

Got lucky with that developing over us. Sometimes it pays to be close to the N-NW side of the dryslot because you get the heavier precip and thundersnow due to the instability. The trowal never really developed over SE KS, it hung around the Wichita to KC area. Areas in SE KS that were expected to get 6+ inches only got 2" or so because of that and the dry air that worked into the system.

Defin overperformed in my neck of the woods so yes we did get lucky.  I noticed the totals over SE KS were really light and wondered why.  This was a strange acting storm in some ways and did overperform in some areas but underperformed in others.  All models struggled with the thermal profiles after settling in pretty well on the overall track and intensity. 

Thanks guys I am really glad you enjoyed them, looked like a totally different area back in them woods with all that snow! And yea its really scenic right here around me and the landlords own about 15 acres behind this place thats all wooded with the stream so me and the dog go back there every day! I will miss it when we move to fayetteville, will not miss this area much but will miss the location we have right here

Thanks for the wonderful videos, NW. Snow makes everything seem right.

I've heard rumors of something brewing around the March 9th or 10th time frame. Who knows.

All I want is 4-5 inches of scenic snow. Ok, I'll be honest... 10 or 12 or 20 would be more exciting.

Come on, Tulsa.

Thanks for the wonderful videos, NW. Snow makes everything seem right.

I've heard rumors of something brewing around the March 9th or 10th time frame. Who knows.

All I want is 4-5 inches of scenic snow. Ok, I'll be honest... 10 or 12 or 20 would be more exciting.

Come on, Tulsa.

Your welcome, Springfield mentioned something brewing for next week maybe but its still too far away right now. This did it for me, time for the rest of you guys and gals to get something now.

Archived