• Created
  • Last Reply

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TULSA OK

1001 PM CDT SAT MAR 23 2013

.DISCUSSION...

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY WILL BE LEFT AS IS. WATER VAPOR SHOWING

IMPRESSIVE UPPER JET EMERGING ON EAST SIDE OF UPPER LOW AND DO NOT

EXPECT LOW TO TACK ANY FARTHER SOUTH THAN EARLIER ANTICIPATED...

WHICH IS SUPPORTED BY LATEST SHORT TERM MODEL GUIDANCE. STILL

WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED TO SEE 4 INCH PLUS AMOUNTS NEAR KANSAS

BORDER BEFORE ALL IS SAID AND DONE...ESPECIALLY THE EXTREME NE

OKLAHOMA COUNTIES. HAVE WARMED TEMPS LITTLE EARLY TONIGHT ACROSS

NW ARKANSAS AND DELAYED CHANGE OVER THERE AS COLDER AIR STILL

SEVERAL HOURS AWAY. OVERALL THOUGH THE EARLIER FORECAST IS

LARGELY UNCHANGED.

Maybe I am getting in a hurry, but it doesn't appear that the southward shift is verifying. Tulsa area has slashed their snow forecast and it is still too warm here. Hmm...

Yea where were these storms back in january! Its way too warm up this way also and I dont know it just dont even seem to be more then a few hours more and it looks to be done with the heavy stuff. Maybe Im jumping to conculsions too fast myself

Well, I'm pretty underwhelmed. Looks like the heavier stuff tracked farther north than it was supposed to by all models. It's a wind blow sugar yuck snow, lol

Yea man Im dissapointed, It just looks to be done with allready on radar for us shortly. Hey I got a half inch lol. Maybe busted forecasts for sure! And they say this continues much of the day for light snow, hmmm who knows. Didnt the nam show it taking the north track and was the only model saying that? Or did it too shift south?

Yea man Im dissapointed, It just looks to be done with allready on radar for us shortly. Hey I got a half inch lol. Maybe busted forecasts for sure! And they say this continues much of the day for light snow, hmmm who knows. Didnt the nam show it taking the north track and was the only model saying that? Or did it too shift south?

It shifted south and ended up farther south than the GFS which shifted back north last night. The Euro was also farther south. 

It shifted south and ended up farther south than the GFS which shifted back north last night. The Euro was also farther south. 

Crazy! Never underestimate mother nature cause sometimes she will do as she pleases lol. Last night on the way home from clinton there was some pannicky older woman in the gas station saying we were gonna get 2 feet of snow and springfield was gonna get over a foot, I wanted to ask her where she gets her weather forecasts from but just ignored it.

yeah it's the deform. band that has developed as the storm matures. It looks like it's across S-Central MO right now based on water vapor. 

KC looks like they got around 7", Columbia got thundersnow and they are approaching 8" with 4" coming in 90 minutes.

4" in 90 minutes, damn thats insane ammounts!!!! I probly got 2" now but its so hard to tell cause some areas have some and other areas have nothing, plus my grass started to grow allready from them few nice days and the snow sinks down in there. Im soooo tired but just know if I lay down Im not gonna sleep lol, what an addiction!

Hard to say for sure due to a lot of wind but we're close to 2" here for sure.  How did you end up north of here Whiteout?

Not that good to be honest man, the temps were the issue for the most part. Its blowing around so if I was to guess probly 3-3.5". Was expected to get 5-8. It never got really heavy and my temp just didnt want to drop. I think about 16 miles north of here though starting in osceola is where the big accums start

Meanwhile, we continue to shoot the moon on snow accumulation. We have not managed an inch on any storm yet this year.   :ee:

Ozark, 

This winter has sucked for us.  Mother Nature - 6  Us - 0

Everyone enjoy the summer.  I can't really get excited about severe weather season so I'll see everyone again late this year when 2013-14 winter forecasts start coming out.  Not that they will mean anything.  

MOWeatherguy... I think we had 2" at one time before it all went and started melting. The blowing snow was pretty impressive for a while. There was a drift on 17th street by my house at 6.5" (yes, I took a ruler and measured it... yes, I am a geek). :P

I hope that everyone will hang around and post some during the warmer months. I prefer severe weather myself, but enjoy a nice snow when it happens.

Yes 24/7 I would say we hit the 2" mark at one point but melting quickly began as it tapered off.  And the blowing snow was pretty impressive.  It created some bad road conditions on some of the county roads where a lot of the snow from the fields blew onto the roadways.  Kinda neat to see.  My guess is this was our last snow of the season.  Honestly, I'm ready to move on to a nice spring now for a few weeks.

I prefer severe weather myself, but enjoy a nice snow when it happens.

Burn the witch! 

Severe weather events typically are large enough and not as region specific so they usually have their own threads, and I usually post in those. 

With that being said, it looks like severe season is still on schedule to start April 1st in the TX Panhandle and W TX according to tonights GFS.

Well I wake up to a nice surprise, its snowing pretty good out there once again! And this time its having no problems sticking because its 21 degrees out!!! Will probly get more from a clipper then the big hype up storm yesterday lol. SPringfield says half inch expected, wrong allready there and past that haha

Burn the witch! 

Severe weather events typically are large enough and not as region specific so they usually have their own threads, and I usually post in those. 

With that being said, it looks like severe season is still on schedule to start April 1st in the TX Panhandle and W TX according to tonights GFS.

LOL JoMo! I know what you mean. You have been through enough to last a lifetime.

Archived