• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

I still think its a bit early to be throwing out numbers like that.  Still 3 days out.

Agreed... it makes them look less reliable should there be more model shifts. Who knows at this point. Still too early in the game for me to get a real feel on this one.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also agree this is way too early to be throwing out such high numbers being this many days away, springfield tends to think this will be primarily a heavy snow event except along the arkansas/missouri border at this point. They also said moisture will not be an issue and key'd on the fact this will be the biggest and most moisture winter storm event we have had all season, we shall see! Looks to be downright cold heading into the weekend and into next week, this is nuts!

Now springfield is saying a brief null then saturday late afternoon into sunday round 2 of the storm! Wow I better go get a snowshovel for sure to be safe haha

Sorry lol, I probly shouldnt have said that.....who was the jinxer last time, ummm hmm was it jomo? lol

When? I jinxed pretty much all of Dec and Jan from tracking every single threat. Once I got over the lack of snowfall, I pretty much stopped following it and didn't believe we would get much snow at all. 

When? I jinxed pretty much all of Dec and Jan from tracking every single threat. Once I got over the lack of snowfall, I pretty much stopped following it and didn't believe we would get much snow at all. 

lol well guess its my turn now! Whats the record snowfall for this time of march do you know off hand? Last I read dougs postings he was thinking primarily all rain with this

lol well guess its my turn now! Whats the record snowfall for this time of march do you know off hand? Last I read dougs postings he was thinking primarily all rain with this

Up towards your way, there will probably be more snow. Down here, primarily rain. I'd look for rain/snow mix at times down here, maybe starting as snow.

Up towards your way, there will probably be more snow. Down here, primarily rain. I'd look for rain/snow mix at times down here, maybe starting as snow.

Yea I dont know man its still aways out, doug has me pegged in the 4-8" allready. Im not gonna buy into this until thursday lol, still deciding whether or not to get a snow shovel lol, last one caught me off guard and i had to use a regular shovel and a broom! Was not fun with wet heavy cement snow haha

Girlfriend is saying its snowing pretty good up at work 25 miles north of me right now in lowry city! I told her to take a pic cause I dont believe it lol. This forecast for thursday-Monday is all over the place, its either gonna bust low or bust very high when totals are thrown out there. My gut is telling me this thing does what the last one did, rain during the day in lighter bands then in heavier bands wet bulbing takes effect and we get heavy slop snow....night time is whats gonna be the saving grace if we can get cold enough and have heavy enough snows

Winter Storm watch here now, potential for 5-9" of snow or more where the heaviest bands setup. Springfield thinks Im one county in the bullseye.....is rain and snow in the forecast all the way into monday!

Man I just wouldnt think there would be that sharp of a cutoff on that map jomo, especially after reading springfield saying how much moisture will be with this thing. Saturday night into sundays storm could be even greater according to what I read from kc.Dont remember anytime in my 38 yrs seeing it snow(if it happens lol) or accumulate like they are thinking this late in march! I dont see much happening during the day on thursday though, even with cloudcover its gonna be hard with the higher sun angle

Winter weather advisory here now, from 7am to 7am friday I believe it said(crap memory of mine lol). Looks like springfield is thinking it will remain below freezing tomorrow here for the duration of the heaviest precip. They are thinking 4-7 inches but could be higher or lower depending on how stuff pans out, sounds like they were concerned with back edge stuff tomorrow evening and a warm nose changing stuff to light snow or light zr.

Saturday and sunday who knows, seems like that one will start as rain then maybe over to snow sat. night into sunday....I think the track moved more north on that one?

Yea I dont have high hopes at all for it, sorry I think I really did jinx us all this time lol. Doug thinks saturday evening/sunday morning is a no go, maybe a few snow showers. Who knows....whatever we get tomorrow will probly melt right off in no time flat come friday anyhow. I just dont see nothing coming out of these storms unless they hit at night.

Archived