• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

Seems like this is all we say anymore lol, maybe next year. Next year Ill most likely be living in fayetteville and the storms will be hitting north haha, oh well it is what it is right

I'm hoping you moving to Fayetteville brings us some good luck down this way.  If next year sucks again it will be 3 in a row for this area.  It's crazy how many storms have missed us north and south.  I feel like I'm in a black hole.  It's starting to piss me off.  LOL!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping you moving to Fayetteville brings us some good luck down this way.  If next year sucks again it will be 3 in a row for this area.  It's crazy how many storms have missed us north and south.  I feel like I'm in a black hole.  It's starting to piss me off.  LOL!

Hey you never know lol. Maybe I can bring some good luck, but then again I have pretty bad luck haha

As the full suite of guidance continues to pour in, it appears the operational NAM/GFS are actually toward the northern end of the envelope. I'd say the consensus track right now is just barely far enough NW to make most of us nervous, but easily doable with another nudge south. Caveat, of course: King Euro has been its cool, calm and consistent self for the past several runs, so I'd sure like to see it join the party tonight.

post-972-0-18775700-1361597772_thumb.gif

Well, it's snows here. Now if we could just work on two things. 

1. Not being so wrapped up so quickly, or just not sucking in a lot of warm air.

2. More precip in the cold sector. 

Yeah, the explicit snowfall output on the Euro is disappointing, to say the least. I'm not sure what to think. It seemed to lowball QPF on the past couple systems IIRC, and it's awfully hard to see that H5 map and not expect a major blizzard somewhere, especially in February.

Yeah, the explicit snowfall output on the Euro is disappointing, to say the least. I'm not sure what to think. It seemed to lowball QPF on the past couple systems IIRC, and it's awfully hard to see that H5 map and not expect a major blizzard somewhere, especially in February.

Euro has low balled here lately, but still gives me about an inch (.99) lol

wonder if we see any watches issued for this storm around 4-5am

Bet it tracks up I-44 with all the snow back in KS and N and W OK.

Yea but even still this would bring some snow on the backside wouldnt it? Springfields early am disco said 3-5" for northern areas, wherever that is in their eyes? What would you think for me jomo as of right now by what you see? Like waterboy said somethings gotta give lol

Bartlesville are in the right path, i think we will be in the 4 0 5 inches , but can still change .What do you think about it?

It looks pretty close at this time. Any bump NW and you're in trouble. There's going to be an insane gradient probably. 

Look at the GFS overlay.

http://wxcaster.com/gis-gfs-snow-overlays.php3?STATIONID=INX

Coffeyville gets what.. 2-3" but just to the northwest in the same county, they get a foot. 

It looks like the shift south still isn't near enough for many of us especially those of us in NWA.  Sounds like this will be a close call for 1-44 but I think I need a huge shift south down around the Red River.  Are any of the models tracking this far south or is the current definition of "south" still taking the low through central OK/Ark?  

EDIT:  Looks like the NOGAPS has the low around Texarkana/Shreveport.

Archived