northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
December 18-20 Potential Talking Points

earthlight

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The operational GGEM was well south and east of the ensembles at 12z....I have a hard time believing this system is suppressed by that big of a margin.

The 00Z run will probably be the same....its bizarre that the GEM is so far off its normal tendencies and biases as far as its track of this system over the majority of its last 4-5 runs

Uh, there have actually been quite a few Miller A's in mod or stronger la ninas. You need to get away from your relative attitude that it has to hit in your back yard to be a Miller A. Offhand, I can come up with March 1956, February 1989, January 2000, December 2000..... probably a lot more if you include the winters of 1916-17 and 1917-18. I dont think we get hit in a major way with this one (but we might be side swiped like we were in Feb 1989), but I wont invoke some "magical" climo to explain something for me. Each event and each winter should be taken on its own merits.

Alex- i dont believe march 56 or dec 2000 were miller A.....

The 00Z run will probably be the same....its bizarre that the GEM is so far off its normal tendencies and biases as far as its track of this system over the majority of its last 4-5 runs

I think its practical actually, ggem does well in ninos, but in a nina pattern it does not pick up on the occasioanl ss energy

Let's be objective here guys...pretend your mind is now a blank slate and you have no knowledge of what prior runs showed. Looking at the 0z GGEM, you'd have to be completely delusional to think there's a feasible possibility of there being a snowstorm in 100 or so hours.

Let's be objective here guys...pretend your mind is now a blank slate and you have no knowledge of what prior runs showed. Looking at the 0z GGEM, you'd have to be completely delusional to think there's a feasible possibility of there being a snowstorm in 100 or so hours.

How could we be objective when you tell us there is no feasible possibility of there being a snowstorm based on the Gem...........lol?

Very, very bad run so far

certainly not good trends tonight, but im still thinking we should wait till the thu system clears before all hope is lost. 4 of 9 gfs runs had a hit and 2 of 7 for the euro ggem 0 for 6, uk seems abou half. Ensembles are discouraging.

Archived