Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Upstate NY/North Country -> Into Winter 2011-12

Logan11

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who have Meteorologist under there name, are you all graduates and certified mets? If so that's awesome to have so many on this forum. What do you think is more reliable the GFS or EURO overall? Seems EURO is far more superior of a model taking into account more algorithms then the GFS does?

Yes, but I like to pretend I'm also a climatologist, nutritionalist, philosopher, and all around know it all..... ;)

I'll start posting as soon as there is weather to post about. Brutal start to winter.....

Ditto.....and there was such potential with the lakes being so warm in late Nov./early Dec......imagine the delta T's if we'd gotten a piece of that arctic air that was over N. AK to spill down and over the lakes....still waiting to see my first deltas over 35...

this pattern sucks monkey balls

Ditto.....and there was such potential with the lakes being so warm in late Nov./early Dec......imagine the delta T's if we'd gotten a piece of that arctic air that was over N. AK to spill down and over the lakes....still waiting to see my first deltas over 35...

So let's add some humor to this thread:

post-110-0-02070100-1324412827.jpg

You always say your moving somewhere with loads of snow and then you always end up in Cleve Hill... Stop the nonsense! The majority of the time there are no jobs to be had in locations that receive more then 150 inches of snow per year on average. If there are, they are few and far between. People live where jobs are, and usually that's where the weather is tolerable the majority of the time.

there is no nonsense. It was a joke. Chill. You always have something negative to say about everything like C from P on the WIVB blog.

Dec 20th today and still no major LES outbreak, let alone a minor one thus far, how sad. This Winter sucks monkey balls.

Despite no snowstorm last December, I would take that month over this month any day if it was my only option.

I hope January is better but with no blocking and horrible Pacific that seems far fetched.

Well the problem is that WNY people just show up here for LES. No general chat or talk about synoptic snow threats, or talk about non winter wx.... for the most part I mean....

I would post here more, but the place is dead most of the time - so I am on the NE side 90% of the time, being located only about 45 miles from NE as the crow flies.

We need more WNY posters on here big time.

The latest from BGM:

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY/...

MAIN ISSUE IN THE LONG TERM IS WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS A POTENTIAL

STORM AROUND THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY. OVERALL...LOOKING AT A FAIRLY

UNSETTLED PATTERN WITH TEMPERATURES NOT FAR FROM NORMAL.

UNCERTAINTY ABOUNDS. GFS HAS ABANDONED IDEA OF COASTAL

STORM...INSTEAD FAVORING BRISK WEST-NORTHWEST FLOW OVER OUR

REGION AND NEAR NORMAL TEMPERATURES. ECWMF MEANWHILE...DIGS AN

AMPLIFIED UPPER TROUGH INTO THE WESTERN GREAT LAKES...AND THUS

MAINTAINS A SOUTHWEST FLOW OVER OUR REGION. IT ALSO SENDS A

DEEPENING LOW UP THE COAST...AND MANAGES TO IMPACT US WITHIN THE

WESTERN SHIELD OF PRECIPITATION. THIS COULD MEAN ACCUMULATING

SNOW. THE CANADIAN MODEL KEEPS US EVEN MORE INTO THE SOUTHWEST

FLOW...AND ABOUT A HALF DAY OR SO LATER WITH ITS POTENTIAL LOW.

FOR NOW...WENT ALONG WITH HPC GRIDS OF ONLY MID RANGE CHANCE POPS

FOR SUNDAY INTO SUNDAY NIGHT. EARLIER THIS SEASON...WHEN BOTH

ECMWF AND GFS INDICATED A STORM WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN THE GFS

ABANDON A POTENTIAL STORM...ONLY TO REINTRODUCE IT LATER. WE WILL

HAVE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH UPCOMING MODEL RUNS.

But before we get to that storm...models gradually getting more insistent that at least the southern half of Upstate NY gets white ground for Christmas courtesy of the Thursday night short wave.

The 18Z GFS has come around and now gives most of us a white Christmas along I-90 and points south....assuming it doesn't melt off.

gfs_namer_072_precip_p24.gif

Henry margusity posted the ecm snowfall accumulations on his FB page..

http://www.facebook....&type=1

Andy's back!!!!!! Yay! So now it can snow........yeah baby! All we need is a few more people to post here more often and Logan11 will stay here more instead of the NE thread and we can get the Upstate threads cranking.....lets at least have some fun this winter....even if it doesn't snow! What happened to tornado girl? We lost a bunch of our local posters for a while. :thumbsup:

So let's add some humor to this thread:

post-110-0-02070100-1324412827.jpg

And assuming the ground and boundary layer are cold enough for it to stick....at least down here in the stupid valley.

But before we get to that storm...models gradually getting more insistent that at least the southern half of Upstate NY gets white ground for Christmas courtesy of the Thursday night short wave.

The 18Z GFS has come around and now gives most of us a white Christmas along I-90 and points south....assuming it doesn't melt off.

I think she hangs out on facebook also... Andy is there also, but hopefully he'll post here more.

Andy's back!!!!!! Yay! So now it can snow........yeah baby! All we need is a few more people to post here more often and Logan11 will stay here more instead of the NE thread and we can get the Upstate threads cranking.....lets at least have some fun this winter....even if it doesn't snow! What happened to tornado girl? We lost a bunch of our local posters for a while. :thumbsup:

The shallow freeze we have in the ground here didn't thaw after yesterday's 40 degrees. Now maybe we'll lose it by Thursday, but it's not a warm ground. Also this is an overnight event....

21 here now so freezing it better.

And assuming the ground and boundary layer are cold enough for it to stick....at least down here in the stupid valley.

I'm still here.........I just haven't posted very often...........not much going on weather wise..................but I wll post more often.

I think she hangs out on facebook also... Andy is there also, but hopefully he'll post here more.

TG has some good info on FB in her postings

There where I am Rick........................We will both be posting more here on American

https://www.facebook...254982781215764

Thanks Tony.......I hoping the page will catch on...............I also have over 20 blog post at the wx4cast blog

Weird, I don't know what happen in the muti quote..........Anyway, that's where I've been Rick.......I've been trying to get my facebook weather page going...and before that I was forecasting on Andy's weather fan page....while he was recovering from the wrist / hand surgery....Both of those took a lot of my time....But both of us will be posting here on American more often..........

I hope everyone here on the upstate thread have been doing well............

Great to see you back here Becca. :) Drag Andy over. ;) I gather he is back to work, but I haven't been getting up too early to see...

Weird, I don't know what happen in the muti quote..........Anyway, that's where I've been Rick.......I've been trying to get my facebook weather page going...and before that I was forecasting on Andy's weather fan page....while he was recovering from the wrist / hand surgery....Both of those took a lot of my time....But both of us will be posting here on American more often..........

I hope everyone here on the upstate thread have been doing well............

Archived