• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Upstate NY/North Country -> Into Winter 2011-12

Logan11

Its actually a hamlet in the town of cheektowaga. Its just like eggertsville or snyder in the town of amhest. Google map it Or go to the NWS site and type in cleveland hill, ny... It comes up...

Oh I did not know that, but Cheektowaga is a town most are familiar with and it isn't big enough to make a difference. Just put Cheektowaga haha! I went to Cleve Hill from 5th grade to senior year in high school.

Doesn't look good for snow for next 7 days, I want to get out my snowboard and skis!!! :axe:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I did not know that, but Cheektowaga is a town most are familiar with and it isn't big enough to make a difference. Just put Cheektowaga haha! I went to Cleve Hill from 5th grade to senior year in high school.

Doesn't look good for snow for next 7 days, I want to get out my snowboard and skis!!! :axe:

no probs.ill change it in a bit its too hard to from my phone. And it's looking better for snow this weekend but nothing blockbusterish.

I've been to lazy to continually look at the models, I need to catch up. Also, whats the best website for Euro Data? I reformatted my hard drive several times the last few months and lost all my bookmarks!

go to wunderground.com and use the wunderground map and check model data on the right hand side and then under the drop bar choose ECMWF as the model.

Hee hee. break out the down parka for Wed night in Albany.....OOOOOPPPPS Albany NWSFO!!!!

NYZ052-200915-

EASTERN ALBANY-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ALBANY

356 PM EST MON DEC 19 2011

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...THEN

A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. NOT AS COOL WITH LOWS IN

THE MID 30S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH...BECOMING WEST AFTER

MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT. WIND CHILL VALUES AS LOW AS

120 BELOW AFTER MIDNIGHT.

NWS BUF AFD

SEASONABLY COLD AIR WILL THEN MOVE ACROSS THE REGION IN THE WAKE OF

THE TROUGH FOR SUNDAY AND CHRISTMAS MONDAY WITH SOME SNOW SHOWERS

POSSIBLE…INCLUDING THE OPPORTUNITY FOR SOME ACCUMULATING LAKE

EFFECT EAST AND NORTHEAST OF BOTH LAKES. AGAIN…TRYING TO SUGGEST

DETAILS WITH THIS ACTIVITY WOULD BE DIFFICULT IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

HOPEFULLY THIS POTENTIAL WILL BE ENOUGH FOR PEOPLE TO AT LEAST HEDGE

THEIR TRAVEL BETS AS WE NEAR CHRISTMAS DAY. STAY TUNED.

so maybe a slim chance of a white christmas...

We do have two legitimate shots to get some white on the ground though. 18Z models have pushed the .1" line into the CD for Friday's precursor event. Then the Xmas event has a petty good chance of being at least a general light snow. I think we are over 50% now of having 1" on the ground by sometime on Xmas.

I wish that the DGEX was right just once with one of its dream long range MECS! DGEX FTW! :weenie: :weenie: :weenie: :weenie:

I'm getting a bit more confident, but I'd put you at 50% and me at 40% down here in the valley.....the valley so low.

We do have two legitimate shots to get some white on the ground though. 18Z models have pushed the .1" line into the CD for Friday's precursor event. Then the Xmas event has a petty good chance of being at least a general light snow. I think we are over 50% now of having 1" on the ground by sometime on Xmas.

0 GFS looks like a couple of possibilities in terms of snow from Xmas day on to the New Year. Any mets care to chime in? Also LES potential looks possible, but still to far out to get excited about anything at this point.

we have a better chance of getting a white christmas from that synoptic system than we do from lake-effect. Lake-effect possibility increase after the dec. 24th-25th storm.

I like the wintry look of the Euro...even though it continues to fringe the capital region for the two legitimate threats. Friday slides just south of the region but then it keeps some lingering flurries/snow showers through Christmas eve before the miracle storm gives us a glancing blow late on Christmas Day. GFS doesn't do much after the Friday fringer...doesn't believe in miracles it seems. At the very least...we're not looking at 50 degrees and sunny for Christmas Eve & Day which is a plus.

I'll agree though, the 24th-25th storm doesn't look terrible to put down 1-3 in passing. Before the 6z GFS just completely got rid of it anyway. As long as I see some flakes in the air, I'll be happy. My parents are moving to Tampa so it could be the last time I'm in NY for a while.

You guys are panicking to much. We should all hope for no snow through new years so Buffalo will set a record for the least snow for the months up untilled January that many of us will probably never see again in our lifetimes. If we've gone this long without snow what's 10 more days to set a once in a lifetime record.

Seven days out, but 12Z GFS has a mild look to it for next Tuesday. I played golf the day after T'giving in shorts - maybe I'll need a sweater for the post-Christmas round...Crazy that I'm only half-joking about golf while I'm on vacation next week rather than planning on snowshoeing or skiing...

come move to the sierra with me. You'll get more snow in a month than Buffalo sees in an average season. Lol.

come move to the sierra with me. You'll get more snow in a month than Buffalo sees in an average season. Lol.

You always say your moving somewhere with loads of snow and then you always end up in Cleve Hill... Stop the nonsense! The majority of the time there are no jobs to be had in locations that receive more then 150 inches of snow per year on average. If there are, they are few and far between. People live where jobs are, and usually that's where the weather is tolerable the majority of the time.

Archived