joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WOOF

Guest someguy

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not get TOO excited til we see this on several consecutive runs. This is the first EC run showing it.

0z did foreshadow the 12 run as it too developed a E US 500mb closed low capturing the low.

It looks like the redevelopment of a PV in S C Canada phases with the s/w troughing and brings the storm on up. Any early analogues? I'm thinking a storm from last Feb, but I'm not sure.

Well we do have one thing in our favor.....Dr. No is showing a 'yes' scenario. Dr. no playing role of optimist is always a good start any day of the week! GFS is flat and well South and East. We got 'em right where we want them at this point! Interesting date (Dec 19).....I think the MA saw a rather large storm on the same date one year ago ;-)

The only reply needed is the ensemble mean which suggests that the euro is an outlier, still a possible solution but a long shot at best. Look at how different the surface looks. An ensemble mean will often spread things out and be too flat because of the averaging but such a difference, says wait a minute. yelp

post-70-0-70383300-1292100387.gif

The euro has been awful this fall and winter at 240 hours often over-amplifying systems.

Hey wes

I think that is old ...192 would be Sunday..

I think this is the current one which is not as flat...

Hey wes

I think that is old ...192 would be Sunday..

I think this is the current one which is not as flat...

Oops, I checked out the 00hr forecast and it was in and assumed the rest of the run was in as well.. still the surface is pretty sheared out. and nothing like the operational. To be fair, there is enough spacing for more of a low along the coast so it is a little more supportive than the earlier run.

Archived