joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WOOF

Guest someguy

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to admit that if you're inland your chances diminish significantly. People are arguing about the coast even getting snow. If you're 120 miles NW of the coast then big things need to change.

I wasn't even supposed to see cirrus until like 72 hours before game time.

So i guess big things changed for you then?

Yeah, like on December 17th when the GFS showed me fringed and getting like 3 inches. :lol:

He means the models were all signaling a historic storm would impact at least the mid-Atlantic 5+ days out. And the pattern was beautiful to support it...How far north the precip got in the short range was another story/ battle with the models.. There is no such guarantee with this storm.

He means the models were all signaling a historic storm would impact at least the mid-Atlantic 5+ days out. And the pattern was beautiful to support it...How far north the precip got in the short range was another story/ battle with the models.. There is no such guarantee with this storm.

I thought that was obvious, but thank you. The models were incredibly consistent with the Feb storms as well. I remember mentioning 30+inches to my folks on Monday based on the model QPF, well before the first storm actually hit on Friday.

Guest someguy

You must not track EC storms much. ;)

This sort of nonsense is typical around these parts.

NO.... not to this degree.. Many of the events last winter did not feature this sort of wild inconsistencies.

Look at the 2 massive snwostorms in 4 days for DC MD into BWI PHL and NJ

the arguement was whether you guys would get 18" as opposed to 12"

not sunday skies as oppsoed to accumulating snow

NO.... not to this degree.. Many of the events last winter did not feature this sort of wild inconsistencies.

Look at the 2 massive snwostorms in 4 days for DC MD into BWI PHL and NJ

the arguement was whether you guys would get 18" as opposed to 12"

not sunday skies as oppsoed to accumulating snow

This season already seems worse than most for model madness, but I think last winter was an anomaly. That was just a snowy pattern and the models figured it out early.

Archived