• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
American Wx Forum Poll: AmWx Conference II

116 members have voted

1. 1. As you know, we generally hold our conferences in July. If the conference was moved to the first weekend in August, would that make a big difference in your ability to attend?

• Yes, I cannot attend the conference if it is in early August
    • No, doesn't make a difference to me

Why are we even entertaining August as an option?

Like July will be any better attendance wise?

You've been going to these things forever, you should know how it is. Why not try out August for a change? If it so happens attendance can be boosted then great, if it doesn't really work out then oh well.

still waiting for AMWX Conference Chicago

There were some discussions at Conference I regarding heading West in the future. If our region continues to grow, I would assume a more serious consideration would be entertained on heading West.

Guys, the location is BWI. I need input regarding the poll question, thanks.

still waiting for AMWX Conference Chicago

There were some discussions at Conference I regarding heading West in the future. If our region continues to grow, I would assume a more serious consideration would be entertained on heading West.

I dunno guys. Reading Randy's comment, it's going to be in BWI at least for the next few. You really need a very good organization in the area being considered for a conference to even entertain moving it. We know Randy and crew in BWI do a really good job.

IF, and that a big IF, you could get the conference moved anywhere away from the east, you really need a good local group to get things scheduled. SO much to do (I've run conferences years ago, it's A LOT of work). And it can't just be one person, it has to be a group, especially with everything that has to be arranged.

Just my 2 cents worth.

--Turtle

The reason for the August discussion is that July is completely booked in 2012. Yes, 2012. I honestly did not intend to do a conference next year and had forgone my usual planning deadline of Oct 1 for a place to be booked. But, a person whose opinion I value a lot with regards to this stuff, said I should do another one next year. The problem is, since I had not planned on it and I waited so late..every date in July is booked. My first choice would be July of course, but I can't make space magically appear. So, I wanted to see what reception an August date would get because I know its a month of vacations, but so far, it appears the amount of people impacted by an August date is far less than I thought.

Regarding locations....rest assured, I am not opposed to moving the conference to another city. But that city/region needs to "prove" itself with regard to past conference attendance, membership numbers, etc. Also, with the economy as terrible as it is, I can't see making people go to Chicago right now, although I would LOVE Chicago.

The reason for the August discussion is that July is completely booked in 2012. Yes, 2012. I honestly did not intend to do a conference next year and had forgone my usual planning deadline of Oct 1 for a place to be booked. But, a person whose opinion I value a lot with regards to this stuff, said I should do another one next year. The problem is, since I had not planned on it and I waited so late..every date in July is booked. My first choice would be July of course, but I can't make space magically appear. So, I wanted to see what reception an August date would get because I know its a month of vacations, but so far, it appears the amount of people impacted by an August date is far less than I thought.

Typical icepussycentrism.

Glad to see you caved . . . again!!! See you in August.

Archived