• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
DC Area GTG

H2O

The eternal early-season optimism of Skins fans never fails to amuse me.

Eh, I thought they were going to be pretty bad last year. Expectations kept emotions in check. Here's the only reasons to be optimistic this year:

1. No more off the field shenanigans (Lamesworth gone and the other big mouths are out of the picture)

2. Snyder has kept his big mouth shut (this should add at least one win to the season)

3. Shanahan has his people in place and some ambitious and talented youth on board (no more buying big names for big letdowns)

4. O-Line is average (good enough for me)

5. D will be above average once people like Landry get back on the field

6. Two capable quarterbacks and 3 running backs in Shanahan's system

7. Dallas and the G men aren't looking to be dominant this year

8. Decent schedule

8-8 or maybe 9-7 this year with promise for future seasons. I'll take it!

You still have my CDs :(

ha. i do.. i just moved them the other day (they were under a pile of stuff).

im horrible at using regular mail. i gotta send something tomorrow tho so i'll force myself to remember.

Eh, I thought they were going to be pretty bad last year. Expectations kept emotions in check. Here's the only reasons to be optimistic this year:

1. No more off the field shenanigans (Lamesworth gone and the other big mouths are out of the picture)

2. Snyder has kept his big mouth shut (this should add at least one win to the season)

3. Shanahan has his people in place and some ambitious and talented youth on board (no more buying big names for big letdowns)

4. O-Line is average (good enough for me)

5. D will be above average once people like Landry get back on the field

6. Two capable quarterbacks and 3 running backs in Shanahan's system

7. Dallas and the G men aren't looking to be dominant this year

8. Decent schedule

8-8 or maybe 9-7 this year with promise for future seasons. I'll take it!

I'll buy 1 thru 7, but not in love with our schedule. Sure hope Landry can get back healthy and stay that way--and it's about time the injury bug bites someone else for a change; Eagles are way past due. Trent Williams getting over whatever was eating him yesterday would be nice too.

I'll buy 1 thru 7, but not in love with our schedule. Sure hope Landry can get back healthy and stay that way--and it's about time the injury bug bites someone else for a change; Eagles are way past due. Trent Williams getting over whatever was eating him yesterday would be nice too.

For injuries?

:huh:

I'll buy 1 thru 7, but not in love with our schedule.

Really? Playing Arizona, Rams, Carolina, 49ers, Vikes and Seahawks is pretty nice. As far as inter-conference goes, you will always end up playing a couple really tough teams. I wasn't impressed with Miami and we "should" be able to beat the Bills. Jets and NE and gonna be super tough.

Not having to play teams like the Saints, Falcons, Packers, Texans, etc is pretty sweet. Skins always struggle against prolific passing offenses.

Change o plan for me. The Oct. 2 date is a no go for me now. With the schedule and all the next date for me would be Oct. 23rd. Still need location options given by others but I still think something near I-495/I-270 split close to the red line metro is fair for all.

Change o plan for me. The Oct. 2 date is a no go for me now. With the schedule and all the next date for me would be Oct. 23rd. Still need location options given by others but I still think something near I-495/I-270 split close to the red line metro is fair for all.

Man, that is literally in my backyard. Some options near there are:

• Union Jacks or Rock Bottom in Bethesda
  • Dave & Busters in White Flint Mall
  • Hooters on Rockville Pike
  • Buffalo Wild Wings in Rockville

Man, that is literally in my backyard. Some options near there are:

• Union Jacks or Rock Bottom in Bethesda
  • Dave & Busters in White Flint Mall
  • Hooters on Rockville Pike
  • Buffalo Wild Wings in Rockville

Union Jacks is way overpriced, at least the one by me is.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a dave & busters.

Would love to say hi, although not really on the board much, so I'm probably not really one that should go...but meeting fellow weather geeks is always fun.

FWIW (not much I know), I wouldn't go do Dave and Busters either. Maturity level there rather lacks. Hooters...meh, I'd go though if picked. I like Bethesda, so I'd say Rock Bottom as expensive as they are (prob. just to an ap & beer); Union Jacks I don't know. Wings in Rockville is loud (poor acoustic design, not the people...same with the one in Raliegh, NC that Ellinwood and I were at), but again I'd go if that was the concensus.

If I go...Ian...remind me to bring the pet tornado I have of yours and I think I still have your wireless computer mouse.

Not the 23rd for me now(surprise event now kill it for me) but if y'all want to keep that date or have another date open then I'm all ears. Doesn't seem to be too much of an interest to be honest.

How about next season?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived