• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Revisiting the "Octobomb"

SpartyOn

I saved some model images from that day. Here is one from the RUC. It overshot the minimum pressure a little but was consistently deeper than other guidance and had the right idea. I guess it got tired of plotting the isobars near the surface low...

post-14-0-54629200-1314741118.jpg

The person set a contour minimum of 970... from personal experience I can say that you should NEVER manually set a minimum or maximum unless there is a very pressing reason to do so (such as multicolored maps)

MI's only high risk ever, I believe.

day1otlk_20101026_1300_prt.gif

day1probotlk_20101026_1300_wind_prt.gif

Didn't end up being much severe weather in MI...although I remember we got out of school for it after the front had already passed through :arrowhead:

101026_rpts.gif

2nd, October 24th 2001, interestingly enough both in October, plus the 2007 outbreak that should have been a High Risk that day IMO.

I didn't know at the time how notorious this event would be, wasn't real deep into the forums then. Interestingly enough, I was at a working house fire when the line came through. We lucked out, damage was a couple miles north and a couple miles south of us.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I have a bunch of images saved in my weather diary. I will never forget that storm. That was incredible.

I was wondering what the chances are of a similar system this fall.

I saved some weatherbug data from that system as well.

Our highest gust was 60mph @ 12:20pm on 10/26.

Archived