joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18z Model Discussion

MJO812

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z tonight, another boatload of solutions. Any opinions on which Model guidance has it much more plausible at this point?

honestly, each camp is very plausible, i would still give the weight towards the euro, esp since the mjo is in a horrible phase for east coast snowstorms. Then again if the -nao holds in tack the gfs is plausible.. Honestly, like i have been saying that clipper holds the cards forthe 2nd storm

honestly, each camp is very plausible, i would still give the weight towards the euro, esp since the mjo is in a horrible phase for east coast snowstorms. Then again if the -nao holds in tack the gfs is plausible.. Honestly, like i have been saying that clipper holds the cards forthe 2nd storm

Yeah, many have been leaning towards the Euro based on the synoptic set-up around that time, but then again the clipper can change the feeding of the cold air for the second storm plenty. Is the lack of a -NAO on the Euro allowing the storm to cut through?

Since it seems very possible that the Euro is breaking down the -NAO too quickly, I definitely think the GFS could be on to something instead of clueless. But, we'll see.

Yeah, many have been leaning towards the Euro based on the synoptic set-up around that time, but then again the clipper can change the feeding of the cold air for the second storm plenty. Is the lack of a -NAO on the Euro allowing the storm to cut through?

no i dont think so. Its a combo that it really deepens the storm in the midwest and also the clipper doesnt drag the cold air down like the gfs does

Everyone's favorite "well respected" MET (Henry M)...well besides JB says the 18z GFS is right where you want it - if you are an I95er. I personally don't get caught up in any models outside of 72 hrs but I do love watching folks live and die with these 6 day+ runs

Why do I feel like I am on the Titanic and Henry is the Captain ?

Anyways he does have a point but adds little insight into why. The GFS does make more sense in this pattern then the EURO BUT Both Henry and the GFS don't have very good track records overall........

Archived