joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z models

tombo82685

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the 18z was too far inland and now it's too far east, sounds pretty good 8-9 days out. It's definitely rain before that storm though, the BL are far too warm, are highs are expected to be in the low 40s at that time, the SE direction is awful at any time of the year, especially in early December. It's not that big of a deal though, the system is just a typical clipper, there won't be too much precip anyway. Although if it manages to dig further south, you'd get a weak reflection developing off the coast, giving parts of the area some snow due to the colder BL if the low ends up not to the NW of you, but rather due west or slightly sw of you.

I am probaly gonna get banned for my rants in other forums. but I wanted to let you all know that I truly enjoy reading this thread. Even though I don't understand much of what your all talking about in terms of meteorological terms, it is much more interesting than the forum that I follow due to where I live. Hope al of us north of the mason dixon line get a 12' plus white christmas. Peace.:popcorn::drunk::snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

I am probaly gonna get banned for my rants in other forums. but I wanted to let you all know that I truly enjoy reading this thread. Even though I don't understand much of what your all talking about in terms of meteorological terms, it is much more interesting than the forum that I follow due to where I live. Hope al of us north of the mason dixon line get a 12' plus white christmas. Peace.:popcorn::drunk::snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

Won't get banned here. Keep reading and eventually you will learn more. Glad you're here and thanks for the nice comments. Wishing you a white christmas as well!

argh, tombo. why do u always have to bring up the facts? :gun_bandana::thumbsdown:

for that norlun stuff it all comes down to the clipper. You want it weaker or further south. You notice the 18z gfs had the same track as the 0z, but the big difference was the 0z was stronger which brought a more southerly flow at the surface area.

The 500mb pattern at 180 hours is TEXTBOOK. Especially the 200mb jet.

I strongly agree with this..and at the H5 level it's very impressive as well. That can even be said for the frames prior to 180 hours, which is good news as we seem to be headed in the right direction on most modeling. This is a classic Miller B shortwave depiction. One just has to hope the confluence in the Northeast is as transient as the GFS and most models have been depicting it to be. If this shortwave does come to fruition, as modeled, the likelihood for a rapidly redeveloping Miller B would increase dramatically.

Regarding the first storm system, it's very hard to get frozen precipitation in this area in that set up unless the timing is perfect, or more importantly it is later in the season with a well established cold airmass (which we do not have). This run of the GFS is better positioned with the H5 trough, but the fact remains that the surface low i well to our northwest...the high is to the east, and the low level winds are out of the southwest..which helps develop a warm nose and decreases the frozen precipitation chances. The posters saying it was 34-36 and would be snow would normally be correct, but the warm nose is actually a bit more "wide"on soundings than usual do to the surface low positioning..the H85 low is also well to our northwest of the Great Lakes which creates an unfavorable flow even at that layer.

Archived