wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
100 Degree Or Higher Heat Signal For Our Area This Week

bluewave

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone think brownouts will be an issue? This is the most impressive looking heat I think I've ever seen in the past ten years or so, at least for a period of 3-4 days up and down the coast. DC-NYC should come close to or surpass 100 3-4 days in a row, which is extremely uncommon... I imagine the night time minimums by the end could be as high as the low-mid 80s as well. Would definitely not be surprised to see one of the major regional airports or Central Park bottom out at 83-84 one or two nights.

Does anyone think brownouts will be an issue? This is the most impressive looking heat I think I've ever seen in the past ten years or so, at least for a period of 3-4 days up and down the coast. DC-NYC should come close to or surpass 100 3-4 days in a row, which is extremely uncommon... I imagine the night time minimums by the end could be as high as the low-mid 80s as well. Would definitely not be surprised to see one of the major regional airports or Central Park bottom out at 83-84 one or two nights.

I think that will be a real possibility. I don't think we had a heatwave during the 2003 blackout. I am not looking forward to this heat at all.

I think we'll be fine. It's not like people turn their ACs off when it's 95 as opposed to 105. Whoever was going to use juice to keep cool already has been doing so on days like today. Nothing happened today so why should something happen in Friday? You mean to say that someone that has an AC had it off today? Impossible.

I think we'll be fine. It's not like people turn their ACs off when it's 95 as opposed to 105. Whoever was going to use juice to keep cool already has been doing so on days like today. Nothing happened today so why should something happen in Friday? You mean to say that someone that has an AC had it off today? Impossible.

ACs have to work harder to keep places cool in 102F heat vs low/mid 90s. It sucks more electricity. No different than heaters in the winter...we all use heat when its 34F outside, but it works a lot harder when its 4F versus 34F. Our heating bills tell us that.

Agreed, it was already near 100 today and no problems its not like we will be near 100 for a week, looks like 1 or 2 days

ACs have to work harder to keep places cool in 102F heat vs low/mid 90s. It sucks more electricity. No different than heaters in the winter...we all use heat when its 34F outside, but it works a lot harder when its 4F versus 34F. Our heating bills tell us that.

We've already been near 100 area wide practically and nothing at all happened. How much more often do you think the AC compressors will turn off in 95-98 degree heat as opposed to 100-102 heat? Your analogy contained a 30 degree spread, of course it will cost much more to heat at 4 degrees. Now compare temp differences of 34 and say, 28 and that becomes a valid analogy. Your point, however, is lost when adjusting the numbers to such a small spread and that's MY point :)

Archived