Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Atlantic Tropical Action 2011 - Part III

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome G-Cane. Not a lot of posts, but from this amateur's point of view, some good ones.

GFS has it, then loses it. The Euro track towards Florida, that makes one sit up and take notice. Most of P07L's convection still looks ITCZ related, but it looks better than yesterday. of course, 10 days out, if it makes it, can't take the Euro Florida verbatim, so who knows where the action might be.

post-138-0-32398800-1311160834.jpg

Welcome G-Cane. Not a lot of posts, but from this amateur's point of view, some good ones.

GFS has it, then loses it. The Euro track towards Florida, that makes one sit up and take notice. Most of P07L's convection still looks ITCZ related, but it looks better than yesterday. of course, 10 days out, if it makes it, can't take the Euro Florida verbatim, so who knows where the action might be.

Thanks Ed. Good to be here.

To me, it looks like this one has the classic pouch signature. Heavy WV north of the convection is protecting the wave from SAL

wv-l.jpg

marsupial_img.png

splitEW.jpg

T wave looking better, convectively speaking, this morning. My hunch is we'll see an INVEST before the day is out. I suspect that the NHC would like to start running the Hurricane models for what may well be a future Cindy. A little birdie told me Josh and Met Tech may be testing the BASTARD next week in TX. Perhaps that was a well timed trip.

T wave looking better, convectively speaking, this morning. My hunch is we'll see an INVEST before the day is out. I also suspect that the NHC would like to start running the Hurricane models for what may well be a future Cindy.

Perhaps, but it really doesn't look like much threat to develop until this weekend when it gets to the Lesser Antilles and can escape the AEJ/SAL.

T wave looking better, convectively speaking, this morning. My hunch is we'll see an INVEST before the day is out. I suspect that the NHC would like to start running the Hurricane models for what may well be a future Cindy. A little birdie told me Josh and Met Tech may be testing the BASTARD next week in TX. Perhaps that was a well timed trip.

A KHOU-TV 11 meet up with WxMan57 and Josh would be awesome.

I'd be on my best, most un-Edlike behavior.

Oh, RGB loop maybe suggests a lower level circulation, maybe not closed, but low cloud line SW of convection isn't moving at all, instead of moving West.

post-138-0-73823600-1311174324.jpg

I am interested in the wave near 35-40W. Wrote a little discussion about it this morning. Canadian certainly the most agressive as usual. Wish they wouldnt have stopped giving grib files past day 6. Pattern would suggest a threat to Florida/Southeast coast if something does develop.

http://www.examiner....-july-20th-2011

Thanks. Local KHOU-TV forum private sector met WxMan57 says he thinks this could be a concern to his Cariibbean or Bahamas clients. I didn't know he had clients outside the oil field, to be honest,

Thanks. Local KHOU-TV forum private sector met WxMan57 says he thinks this could be a concern to his Cariibbean or Bahamas clients. I didn't know he had clients outside the oil field, to be honest,

Seems like the HPC has added the system to their fronts maps on day 6 and day 7 as it tracks just north of the islands. They have it in the southern Bahamas as a low pressure on day 7 now.

This isn't about Bret, per se, hence not in the Bret page.

If a storm is not particularly strong or interesting, and no land, in this case, Bermuda, is in the cone, why are they sending recon?

I've seen recons scheduled the previous day cancelled on the POD, and that afternoon thinking a system looks interesting. If money is tight and they are going to cancel recon on unnamed systems because they aren't certain they'll find a cyclone, then save some jet fuel (I assume the turboprops run on jet fuel) and don't fly recon on 45 or 50 mph storms on their way to nowhere.

Looks like TD3 later today

ABNT20 KNHC 201736

TWOAT

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

200 PM EDT WED JUL 20 2011

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

THE NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER IS ISSUING ADVISORIES ON TROPICAL

STORM BRET...LOCATED ABOUT 255 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF CAPE

HATTERAS NORTH CAROLINA.

SATELLITE IMAGERY INDICATES THAT SHOWER ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE

LOW PRESSURE AREA CENTERED ABOUT 550 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF

BERMUDA CONTINUES TO BECOME BETTER ORGANIZED...AND THAT THE

LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION IS BECOMING BETTER DEFINED. IF CURRENT

TRENDS CONTINUE...ADVISORIES WILL BE INITIATED LATER TODAY. THIS

SYSTEM HAS A HIGH CHANCE...90 PERCENT...OF BECOMING A SUBTROPICAL

OR TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS AS IT

MOVES NORTHEASTWARD AT AROUND 20 MPH.

ELSEWHERE...TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION IS NOT EXPECTED DURING THE

NEXT 48 HOURS.

Hate to waste the name Cindy on a sub-tropical fish. I had two girlfriends named Cindy, and one was a freak.

Think of this as the freak one. The other one will have to wait 6 years.

Haven't seen how warm core is this, but I think it's barely tropical...

I bet winds are at least 35kts with this one. Probably closer to 40kts.

Agree, the circulation looks vigorous enough, and the forward speed is fast enough that it's likely the winds are at least 35 kt.

Archived