northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my point. It obviously depends on what your definition of "status quo" is and I took the comment to refer only to weather the past several days -- because the weather prior to that was markedly different, so how could that be "status quo." And looking at the projected pattern, it looks generally a little bit above normal for the foreseeable future (with only a chance for a couple of normal or slightly below days). So the way I took the comment was that the next week or two would feature a weather pattern similar to the one that has been in place since late June. And that pattern has produced temps around 7 degrees above normal in Chicago and Detroit through the first 4 days of the month (and today looks like more of the same with highs around 90/low 90s likely in both of those cities). But BeastfromtheEast never misses an opportunity to troll me.

The map posted by torchartie specifically states that its been at most 4 degrees above normal for the last week. Sure it might have been +7 for the last 4 days but whoops that has a 99 degree day in there that is greatly skewing the data....

The map posted by torchartie specifically states that its been at most 4 degrees above normal for the last week. Sure it might have been +7 for the last 4 days but whoops that has a 99 degree day in there that is greatly skewing the data....

DTW is +10 for the last 1 day :scooter::whistle:

Yet another awful day of observations.

Detroit City Airport had an intra-hour 90*F, but since Metro Airport only made it to 89*F (after 2 hourly 89*F observations), it will go down in the books as a frustrating 89*F, just like on Memorial Day.

90 at Toledo and 94 at Metcalf Field. Last 6 days at TOL: 89, 91, 98, 90, 88, 90 [average 91.0] and at TDZ: 92, 95, 100, 94, 88, 94 [average 93.8].

Detroit City Airport had an intra-hour 90*F, but since Metro Airport only made it to 89*F (after 2 hourly 89*F observations), it will go down in the books as a frustrating 89*F, just like on Memorial Day.

The more I examine it the whole thing is just down right ****ty.

Nearly every site in the area hit 90*F (even Mt. Clemens) except for Metro Airport where it counts.

The more I examine it the whole thing is just down right ****ty.

Nearly every site in the area hit 90*F (even Mt. Clemens) except for Metro Airport where it counts.

:weep:

I know you hate hearing about heat but the original post about status quo was not really clear.

No I don't care for heat personally, but let's be truthful about the state of things sometimes. If it's consistently hot and +7 or +10 for eternity, well then no hiding the facts...post away.

A lot of nonsense gets posted in these threads, and it only seems to be getting worse. But I know it won't change, so I guess I'll have to deal with it.

The point is he was complaining yet again over something pointless.

This, like I said its a temperature. Hell just yesterday DTW was the hottest location by a couple of degrees, things balance out. Certainly isn't something to complain about, yet again.

I don't get the hype over the whole 90 thing in the first place. A high of 86 with a high dewpoint is worse than a high of 90 and a low dewpoint.

I guess since Lima has hit 90 or 91 3/4 days should make me feel special.

Departure from normal is the primary way that summer is judged, but number of 90 degree days (or 100 degree days in places with hot climates) is a secondary way. Most people aren't going to count the number of 89 degree days in lieu of 90 degree days...

Departure from normal is the primary way that summer is judged, but number of 90 degree days (or 100 degree days in places with hot climates) is a secondary way. Most people aren't going to count the number of 89 degree days in lieu of 90 degree days...

This is true, but like I said, yesterday DTW was warmer than anywhere else in the area also surpassing 90, so today was a nice balance to yesterdays anomaly.

It is being discussed, but however it shakes out Powerball will still be in the same region that LAF folks post in. Right now we are discussing a Plains/Intermountain W region on its own.

How about we do everyone a favor and axe powerball :)

Archived