12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July looks poised to once again bring early-month heat

earthlight

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting that the heat seems to be staying longer and longer.

the models are really struggling with the upper level trough over central and southeast Canada. until that's resolved, we can't fully tell where the patterns going. It's definitely going to yield above normal departures, regardless, it's just a matter of how anomalous the heat will be..and the positioning of that upper level trough has a big piece in that.

the models are really struggling with the upper level trough over central and southeast Canada. until that's resolved, we can't fully tell where the patterns going. It's definitely going to yield above normal departures, regardless, it's just a matter of how anomalous the heat will be..and the positioning of that upper level trough has a big piece in that.

The models usually back off the extreme 850s as we approach, especially the Euro which has a real tendency to overdo the heat in the long-range. It's going to be hard to get 20C 850s well into Quebec, as earlier runs showed, with the core of the ridge only around 588dm and a 546dm weakness to our northeast over the Canadian Maritimes. This set-up doesn't scream historic heat to me with a -NAO and 50/50 configuration. Probably several days of low 90s for NYC metro, however.

I honestly can't wait until it's January and you are posting about a cold wave or a snowstorm. Because my answer to your snide comment just there would be to say "Snow in January.. Shocking."

Go on ahead, that's fine but if there is whining coming from the Pennsylvania folks again like there was last year about how they are continually getting screwed out of snow again, expect little to no sympathy if these are the types of comments that will be redirected at the NYC/NJ area folks further to your east come winter time.:thumbsdown:

We all have the right here to express displeasure about heat waves just as much as the folks posting here that love to pump up the idea of heat waves. The same applies to cold and snow in the winter.

I think most would admit though sustained cold and snow in this region is not commonplace while sustained heat in the summers is quite the norm moreso than not. So sustained heat waves in summertime is not all that eye-opening in this region when compared to winters that have sustained cold and snow which explains TheTrials "snide" comment as you called it not being all that snide.

You are right about one thing... There was a lot whining coming from the PA folks(myself included) about getting left out of snow. I won't do that this year. It's stupid and didn't make it snow anymore here. However I will disagree that sustained heat is commonplace. It's not. Cold and snow and more commonplace then the heat is. But I guess that's a matter of interpretation. I personally like the heat/humid conditions. Take care of how a great day bud!

Go on ahead, that's fine but if there is whining coming from the Pennsylvania folks again like there was last year about how they are continually getting screwed out of snow again, expect little to no sympathy if these are the types of comments that will be redirected at the NYC/NJ area folks further to your east come winter time.:thumbsdown:

We all have the right here to express displeasure about heat waves just as much as the folks posting here that love to pump up the idea of heat waves. The same applies to cold and snow in the winter.

I think most would admit though sustained cold and snow in this region is not commonplace while sustained heat in the summers is quite the norm moreso than not. So sustained heat waves in summertime is not all that eye-opening in this region when compared to winters that have sustained cold and snow which explains TheTrials "snide" comment as you called it not being all that snide.

You are right about one thing... There was a lot whining coming from the PA folks(myself included) about getting left out of snow. I won't do that this year. It's stupid and didn't make it snow anymore here. However I will disagree that sustained heat is commonplace. It's not. Cold and snow and more commonplace then the heat is. But I guess that's a matter of interpretation. I personally like the heat/humid conditions. Take care of how a great day bud!

I guess out your way that may be the case (Believe me I know. My in-laws have a house in the Gouldsboro area of the Poconos so I can understand your perspective) but not out this way IMHO. All interpretation and perspective as you mentioned. Enjoy your day as well.

No talk about the 12z euro?

It looks like it took away all the big heat thru day 8.

Like the GFS, its warm for 1 day, Saturday, and then temps go back to mid 80's and lower thru next Wednesday with a couple of rain chances as well.

No talk about the 12z euro?

It looks like it took away all the big heat thru day 8.

Like the GFS, its warm for 1 day, Saturday, and then temps go back to mid 80's and lower thru next Wednesday with a couple of rain chances as well.

Gets really cool at the end with a fall-like trough moving in Day 9/10 dropping 850s to 4C.

Weakness off the coast keeps heights below 580dm over the weekend, then a cooldown Monday/Tuesday, with potential for a bigger cool shot later on. Not bad for July.

Overall, it looks as if the summer's pattern will continue with no sustained heat, but a few above average days mixed in. To be honest, I'm enjoying this summer...it's just so normal and pleasant.

Gets really cool at the end with a fall-like trough moving in Day 9/10 dropping 850s to 4C.

Weakness off the coast keeps heights below 580dm over the weekend, then a cooldown Monday/Tuesday, with potential for a bigger cool shot later on. Not bad for July.

Overall, it looks as if the summer's pattern will continue with no sustained heat, but a few above average days mixed in. To be honest, I'm enjoying this summer...it's just so normal and pleasant.

I assume the euro has a pimarily north wind throughout this run? Because if this is true we should also have low humidity making the upcoming stretch a very pleasant summer experience.

Yeah. Its a pretty dramatic shift, compared to its previous 5-6 runs.

We will be told very soon to stop looking at day 7-10 euro.

Will be interesting to see the next few runs, to see if today's run has caught on to something.

I assume the euro has a pimarily north wind throughout this run? Because if this is true we should also have low humidity making the upcoming stretch a very pleasant summer experience.

It looks muggy over the weekend and early next week. Temps dont look hot, but judging by 700rh charts, it looks humid and muggy.

After this period, euro goes to a very below average pattern, as Nzucker points out.

Yeah. Its a pretty dramatic shift, compared to its previous 5-6 runs.

We will be told very soon to stop looking at day 7-10 euro.

Will be interesting to see the next few runs, to see if today's run has caught on to something.

Exactly, but when it shows insane heat at that time range it is spot on and should be written in stone as a lock to happen, lol. It is only one run, we will see what transpires as we get closer of course.

Sounds perfect to me. Bring it on. I can't comprehend why folks would rather have 90's and high humidity over 80-85 with low humidity and sunny skies. What about the latter scenario isn't good beach or outdoor weather in the summertime?

Archived