joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July looks poised to once again bring early-month heat

earthlight

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to 87 here with sunshine. Looks like the whole week will feature temps around 88-90 each day with dews in mid to upper 60's.. NYC could probably see low 90's each day.

In Hazleton? Wow. My sister lives out that way-- so it was sunny all day in the Poconos?

What's the GFS show? And how are the humidity levels? Are dews high?

I'd assume the dewpoints are low off the fact that the winds will be WNW. I dont know if the GFS accounts for the fact that EWR and JFK are warmer than NYC and LGA when the winds are west or northwest. Either way, it doesnt matter as long as the dew points are low.

0z GFS is coming in warmer.. nothing record shattering but still 92-94 in the city with humid conditions for 4-7 days. Dog days of summer

Going strictly by the current 00Z GFS, there are NO days of such heat shown for KNYC and coastal areas until you get into the fantasy range of July 14-16th at which point, if you believed these maps, we would all be in the upper 90s to perhaps around 100. But for this week into next weekend, the high temperatures shown for the metro region are in the mid 80s to perhaps near 90 in some spots on a day or two.

WX/PT

Going strictly by the current 00Z GFS, there are NO days of such heat shown for KNYC and coastal areas until you get into the fantasy range of July 14-16th at which point, if you believed these maps, we would all be in the upper 90s to perhaps around 100. But for this week into next weekend, the high temperatures shown for the metro region are in the mid 80s to perhaps near 90 in some spots on a day or two.

WX/PT

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/mos/getmex.pl?sta=KNYC

You're right. For my area, it's a little warmer then that, I thought the urban heat island would cause warmer temps by a few degrees.

Archived