• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July looks poised to once again bring early-month heat

earthlight

Brooklyn doesn't have a north shore though-- if you look at it geographically, Queens "cuts it off" from having access to the sound. And when I look up Williamsburg, it shows me Crown Heights, which had a high of 85.3

Final thing. LGA and NW Queens are not on the sound. Just like Brooklyns' north shore, they are on the east river.

Done now.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final thing. LGA and NW Queens is not on the sound. Just like Brooklyns' north shore, they are on the east river.

Done now.

But they are a lot closer to the sound than any part of Brooklyn is lol.... hence the 85-86 high temps in Park Slope and Crown Heights.

BTW you need to ask Sundog about the NYC foliage issue (Im sure you know this already)... they would have set the 90 degree record last year, except the dense foliage made them have 3x as many 89 degree days as the rest of the area; if you split the difference and change the excess 89 degree days to 90 then they are more in line (even with LGA.)

But they are a lot closer to the sound than any part of Brooklyn is lol.... hence the 85-86 high temps in Park Slope and Crown Heights.

BTW you need to ask Sundog about the NYC foliage issue (Im sure you know this already)... they would have set the 90 degree record last year, except the dense foliage made them have 3x as many 89 degree days as the rest of the area; if you split the difference and change the excess 89 degree days to 90 then they are more in line (even with LGA.)

LGA to Williamsburg, Brooklyn is 6 miles by car, 5.5 miles by boat.

Being that I fish, From LGA to the beginning of the sound (just past Throggs Neck Bridge) is 7.5 miles.

Im in 100% agreement that Central Park does not represent that area very well at all.

But it has its uses. Its good during winter to use for night time lows in areas that have lots of trees, like Bayside, Queens, Northern Bronx, Western Nassau, etc.

Im in 100% agreement that Central Park does not represent that area very well at all.

haha good... I would say your temp of 84 was accurate and more representative than the 82 in the Park/LGA. 84 seems like a nice common number for that area.

haha good... I would say your temp of 84 was accurate and more representative than the 82 in the Park/LGA. 84 seems like a nice common number for that area.

I was 84 in Astoria at home and at work in Bayside, I was 82, on my personal stations.

That's offensive. Next time you post a temp from your personal weather station, wait...

:popcorn:

lol is that station close to your area? I'm not sure if it is or not but it's labeled "Bayside Hills"... you must be kidding about the "offensive" part.

I'm not sure what you mean I already stated my high yesterday was 86 and today it's 84 so far.

lol is that station close to your area? I'm not sure if it is or not but it's labeled "Bayside Hills"... you must be kidding about the "offensive" part.

I'm not sure what you mean I already stated my high yesterday was 86 and today it's 84 so far.

Bayside Hills is about 15 blocks from my work. Bayside Hills is a richer part of town, that is very suburban, covered in trees and shrub and has nice rolling hills. A very nice area in Queens with big homes.

I'm gonna start a poll that states:

Which number is closer to 82?

a- 84

b- 87

:guitar:

Bayside Hills is about 15 blocks from my work. Bayside Hills is a richer part of town, that is very suburban, covered in trees and shrub and has nice rolling hills. A very nice area in Queens with big homes.

I'm gonna start a poll that states:

Which number is closer to 82?

a) 84

B) 87

:guitar:

You know that's not even what I was saying lol-- merely that 82 is the LOWEST temp in the tristate area and is suspect because of being at the bottom of the range. I can find a ton of 85s, 86s and 87s however.

Actually the best way to put it is this-- 84 is MUCH closer to the mean of 82 and 87 (84.5) than it is to either of the extremes.

BTW statistically speaking we can't actually say which it's closer to because there is the factor of rounding of each temp to the nearest degree. Temps are measured to the nearest tenth of a degree so it's too close to call and within the margin of rounding. So let's say the 82 at NYC or LGA was actually 81.5 and the 84 at the APRSWXNET was actually 84.4 and the JFK temp was actually 86.5.... We're not really talking about 82.0, 84.0 and 87.0 Of course this is if you want to be technical ;)

You know what's not even what I was saying lol-- merely that 82 is the LOWEST temp in the tristate area and is suspect because of being at the bottom of the range. I can find a ton of 85s, 86s and 87s however.

Actually the best way to put it is this-- 84 is MUCH closer to the mean of 82 and 87 (84.5) than it is to either of the extremes.

Just playing.

My god CC Sabathia!

Just playing.

My god CC Sabathia!

Haha sorry for this technical part:

BTW statistically speaking we can't actually say which it's closer to because there is the factor of rounding of each temp to the nearest degree. Temps are measured to the nearest tenth of a degree so it's too close to call and within the margin of rounding. So let's say the 82 at NYC or LGA was actually 81.5 and the 84 at the APRSWXNET was actually 84.4 and the JFK temp was actually 86.5; now which is it closer to;).... We're not really talking about 82.0, 84.0 and 87.0 Of course this is if you want to be technical.

Hey, we should "argue" more if it means they will win like this ;)

Haha sorry for this technical part:

BTW statistically speaking we can't actually say which it's closer to because there is the factor of rounding of each temp to the nearest degree. Temps are measured to the nearest tenth of a degree so it's too close to call and within the margin of rounding. So let's say the 82 at NYC or LGA was actually 81.5 and the 84 at the APRSWXNET was actually 84.4 and the JFK temp was actually 86.5; now which is it closer to;).... We're not really talking about 82.0, 84.0 and 87.0 Of course this is if you want to be technical.

Hey, we should "argue" more if it means they will win like this ;)

LGA's high yesterday was 81.9, rounded off to 82.

LGA's high yesterday was 81.9, rounded off to 82.

Are you going off of wunderground, because if so I think they use Celsius and then convert it to Fahrenheit, Al. It's not a "direct measurement." Ray mentioned that last year.

Even if it is, we still don't know what the other two were; there is some leeway there. But I think those aren't actual measurements, but the conversion results of going from C --> F

As long as it doesn't rain, I'm good ;) The heat will come sooner or later lol.

thats still not a cool pattern and would proably be at or above normal, overall, through day 10.

Atlantic ridge building back and heights rising on/around jul 9th..

As long as it doesn't rain, I'm good ;) The heat will come sooner or later lol.

You're running out of time. Days are getting shorter, sun angle is starting to lower, and cold air is building in the arctic as sea ice rebuilds and 6 month nights set in. Essentially if the heat guys don't see some real heat in the next two weeks, its over. There is a better chance of frost once August sets in than 90+ temps.

NOTE: This post was intended to annoy and incite the heat people and is totally in gest. I predict there will be five responses who don't see this note and start flaming me. Happy Thursday!

Are you going off of wunderground, because if so I think they use Celsius and then convert it to Fahrenheit, Al. It's not a "direct measurement." Ray mentioned that last year.

Even if it is, we still don't know what the other two were; there is some leeway there. But I think those aren't actual measurements, but the conversion results of going from C --> F

No. You can see the exact temps. For instance LGA was 80.1 at 1:51pm.

Currently at 81.0 right now and the high of the day.

http://weather.noaa....rrent/KLGA.html

thats still not a cool pattern and would proably be at or above normal, overall, through day 10.

Atlantic ridge building back and heights rising on/around jul 9th..

Days 7-10 have 850 temps only from 8-11 degrees.

After, ridge builds in past day 10.

Again, Euro is changing on every run, so its pure fantasy range entertainment, anyway.

You're running out of time. Days are getting shorter, sun angle is starting to lower, and cold air is building in the arctic as sea ice rebuilds and 6 month nights set in. Essentially if the heat guys don't see some real heat in the next two weeks, its over. There is a better chance of frost once August sets in than 90+ temps.

NOTE: This post was intended to annoy and incite the heat people and is totally in gest. I predict there will be five responses who don't see this note and start flaming me. Happy Thursday!

LOL I know..... I think we'll see a "normal" heat wave at some point.... this summer was forecast to be normal so we'll see where we end up. It's amazing that our area's biggest heatwave ever was actually in late August and early September and peaked at 102 degrees in September. Could you imagine going to class in weather like that?

Thanks! I need to save that link! Going to look up JFK now. We'll use 84.2 for Astoria since that's what I found on wunderground.

I'm confused, I went to that link and the only mention I saw about yesterday was this:

Maximum

Temperature

F © Minimum

Temperature

F ©

80.1 (26.7) 69.1 (20.6) In the 6 hours preceding Jun 30, 2011 - 01:51 PM EDT / 2011.06.30 1751 UTC

82.0 (27.8) 71.1 (21.7) In the 24 hours preceding Jun 30, 2011 - 12:51 AM EDT / 2011.06.30 0451 UTC

Thanks! I need to save that link! Going to look up JFK now. We'll use 84.2 for Astoria since that's what I found on wunderground.

Here is JFK:

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KJFK.html

Newark:

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KEWR.html

NYC:

http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KNYC.html

You can see the highs of the days here, if they occured in between hours.

Plus hourly snowfall and snow amounts, before updates are issued in writing.

Archived