12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July looks poised to once again bring early-month heat

earthlight

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused, I went to that link and the only mention I saw about yesterday was this:

Maximum

Temperature

F © Minimum

Temperature

F ©

80.1 (26.7) 69.1 (20.6) In the 6 hours preceding Jun 30, 2011 - 01:51 PM EDT / 2011.06.30 1751 UTC

82.0 (27.8) 71.1 (21.7) In the 24 hours preceding Jun 30, 2011 - 12:51 AM EDT / 2011.06.30 0451 UTC

Yeah. LGA hit 82.0 yesterday at one point.

JKF hit 87.1 at one point.

Here is JFK:

http://weather.noaa....rrent/KJFK.html

Newark:

http://weather.noaa....rrent/KEWR.html

NYC:

http://weather.noaa....rrent/KNYC.html

You can see the highs of the days here, if they occured in between hours.

Plus hourly snowfall and snow amounts, before updates are issued in writing.

Thanks man, but the only thing I see there is the highest temp of the past 24 hrs, which was listed as 82.0 at LGA and the same at NYC.

So what we have is 82.0 at both LGA and NYC and 87.1 at both JFK and EWR-- what are the chances lol. I think they did some rounding of the Celsius temp and then converted it to Fahrenheit.

Al, I still think that site employs some kind of C ---> F conversion process because both EWR and JFK are listed as having a high of "87.1"

Yeah. Looking at it all temps are .1, .9 or .0.

So its a roundoff for sure.

Either way, those are all nice links because you can see the intra hour highs, hourly snowfall, hourly qpf amounts and total snowfall, before its updated on text list.

Thanks man, but the only thing I see there is the highest temp of the past 24 hrs, which was listed as 82.0 at LGA and the same at NYC.

So what we have is 82.0 at both LGA and NYC and 87.1 at both JFK and EWR-- what are the chances lol. I think they did some rounding of the Celsius temp and then converted it to Fahrenheit.

Yeah. Probably rounding off.

Its the official NWS sites.

Maybe Famartin can explain how those work.

Yeah. Looking at it all temps are .1, .9 or .0.

So its a roundoff for sure.

Either way, those are all nice links because you can see the intra hour highs, hourly snowfall, hourly qpf amounts and total snowfall, before its updated on text list.

Yea thanks for the site-- there's a boatload of info there :) Don't have to wait for the "official" updates either!

LOL I know..... I think we'll see a "normal" heat wave at some point.... this summer was forecast to be normal so we'll see where we end up. It's amazing that our area's biggest heatwave ever was actually in late August and early September and peaked at 102 degrees in September. Could you imagine going to class in weather like that?

September 2002 was a scorcher and that winter was kick ass, so bring it. Hopefully Earthlight's pool won't be closed by then or he might actually regret wishing for those temps.

September 2002 was a scorcher and that winter was kick ass, so bring it. Hopefully Earthlight's pool won't be closed by then or he might actually regret wishing for those temps.

Yeah this is what I mean about scorching summers and snowy winters to follow lol. Last September was hot too and we know what followed. It doesn't always work out this way, but it does seem to happen more often than not.

Is anyone else loving this weather right now? just look at our forecast for the upcoming week. It does not get any better than that. Sunshing and 80's/low 90's with no huge brain frying heat waves or rainstorms. This is perfect

Definitely gorgeous but I'd like it a bit warmer with more humidity, ideal would be 85-90 with dews in the mid 60s.

Definitely gorgeous but I'd like it a bit warmer with more humidity, ideal would be 85-90 with dews in the mid 60s.

Well if its going to be 88 it might as well be 90 lol. We need to add on the 90 degree days to get some semblance of a normal summer anyway-- I dont like high dewpoints so I wouldnt mind 90-92 with dew points around 52-57 ;)

Well if its going to be 88 it might as well be 90 lol. We need to add on the 90 degree days to get some semblance of a normal summer anyway-- I dont like high dewpoints so I wouldnt mind 90-92 with dew points around 52-57 ;)

Well you know my thinking already, this weather's nice but definitely boring as hell. Give me some strong storms or temps in the 90s. Can keep this 80 degree low humidity stuff for September, :lol:

Well you know my thinking already, this weather's nice but definitely boring as hell. Give me some strong storms or temps in the 90s. Can keep this 80 degree low humidity stuff for September, :lol:

Yeah and preferably after September 20th-- our biggest heatwave was actually late August to early September so you know I definitely want heat for Labor Day weekend!

I want storms too so that is why perfer some days with higher dewpoints like in mid to upper 60's with temps in the 85-90 range so we could the thunderstorm chances flowing.

0z Euro stabalized and doesnt have the ridiculous cold.

It doesnt have any big heat waves either, but it does have average to above average temps for the next 10 days, with a couple days touching or surpassing 90 degrees.

Another note,

the NAM caved to the GFS for Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

NAM was showing 78-84 degree highs on all 3 days while GFS was in the mid and upper 80's.

6z NAM finally caved and now also shows mid to upper 80's for all 3 days with the usual furnace areas, touching or passing 90 on the 4th.

Also shows a pretty strong line of T-storms for Sunday afternoon and evening.

Another note,

NAM was showing 78-84 degree highs on all 3 days while GFS was in the mid and upper 80's.

6z NAM finally caved and now also shows mid to upper 80's for all 3 days with the usual furnace areas, touching or passing 90 on the 4th.

Looks like a fantastic holiday weekend weather wise. I will be headed down to the Jersey shore late tonight or very early in the morning.

SPC already has us in a see text 5% prob for day 3

Looks like a fantastic holiday weekend weather wise. I will be headed down to the Jersey shore late tonight or very early in the morning.

SPC already has us in a see text 5% prob for day 3

Definitely a beautiful beach, 3 day weekend. Sunday might be a little iffy, depending on when the storms ruin the party. It doesnt look like a pop-up, hit or miss type day either; it looks like a solid line of storms and rain.

Humidity and Dews will be on the rise, so away from the beach it wont be as beautiful as the past 4 days were.

Definitely a beautiful beach, 3 day weekend. Sunday might be a little iffy, depending on when the storms ruin the party. It doesnt look like a pop-up, hit or miss type day either; it looks like a solid line of storms and rain.

Humidity and Dews will be on the rise, so away from the beach it wont be as beautiful as the past 4 days were.

I will take a nice suall line that doesn't last more than an hour over a steady rain anyday this time of year. These type of events usually perform well for us with high dew points and maximum heating out ahead of the front. Probably a good day for a severe thunderstorm watch around early afternoon.

Another note,

That is good news.

Archived