12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July looks poised to once again bring early-month heat

earthlight

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks like a thick deck of clouds, if it holds. Winterwarlock might snap for good, if he sees that. :lightning:

It is a bit frustrating this time of year to have days of clouds like this move in, especially those at the beach.

We'd see some stronger positives if not for these clouds the last few days. Tomorrow looks less cloudy.

apparently because i enjoy the heat i am unemployed :(

You're still in college right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case then your primary job is being a student. Nevertheless you say today that you get out at noon. I'd love to be able to spend my afternoons at the pool or beach but those days are over for me. I'm sitting in my office right now wearing a suit and sweating my ***** off even with air condition and a fan running. Thats the facts of life I guess.

You're still in college right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case then your primary job is being a student. Nevertheless you say today that you get out at noon. I'd love to be able to spend my afternoons at the pool or beach but those days are over for me. I'm sitting in my office right now wearning a suit and sweating my ***** off even with air condition and a fan running. Thats the facts of life I guess.

Also in a suit and loving the heat - to each his own. I am always amazed at the debate and tension bewteen those who like the heat and those who dont. The good thing is most of us love the snow !

But here's to the heat in the summer! :sun:

EWR up to 83 but clouds are moving in fast and spoiling what otherwise could have been a hot day

Also in a suit and loving the heat - to each his own. I am always amazed at the debate and tension bewteen those who like the heat and those who dont. The good thing is most of us love the snow !

EWR up to 83 but clouds are moving in fast and spoiling what otherwise could have been a hot day

I'm already looking forward to tracking the first "big one" of the season. It seems that these days they are coming more and more often. It's probably unfair to expect this winter to compare to the last two but I just hope we don't get one of those famous "snowless winters" or there might be some massive suicides around here :whistle:

I'm hoping for a significant tropical threat this year too. I don't think anybody wants a CAT 5 bearing down on them but I'd love to get a CAT 3 in here. 2011 seems to be a year for crazy weather in places that don't normally get it so maybe this year is it. Landfalling major hurricanes are nothing new to LI.

This was adverttised though....we knew the cold front would be bringing showers this evening so an increase in clouds was to be expected as the day wore on....actually tomorrow originally looked like the worse of the 2 but now looks pretty decent

You're still in college right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case then your primary job is being a student. Nevertheless you say today that you get out at noon. I'd love to be able to spend my afternoons at the pool or beach but those days are over for me. I'm sitting in my office right now wearing a suit and sweating my ***** off even with air condition and a fan running. Thats the facts of life I guess.

Yeah I am. But I work almost constantly. This week I'm out at 12 which is lucky--and then I'm headed down to Ocean City MD this weekend on a vacation with some friends--we've been saving up for a while (it can run expensive there).

12z GFS continues to get warmer..each run has over the last 24 hours. It's inching farther and farther away from it's big trough solution in this time frame. It will eventually occur with the +PNA developing..but the warmer trend is nice. 20 C 850's for a good period.

f108.gif

f132.gif

12z GFS continues to get warmer..each run has over the last 24 hours. It's inching farther and farther away from it's big trough solution in this time frame. It will eventually occur with the +PNA developing..but the warmer trend is nice. 20 C 850's for a good period.

f108.gif

f132.gif

Have to watch rain and clouds though. 12z GFS shows a pretty rainy/cloudy solution from Sunday and on.

This was adverttised though....we knew the cold front would be bringing showers this evening so an increase in clouds was to be expected as the day wore on....actually tomorrow originally looked like the worse of the 2 but now looks pretty decent

yes its been a constant the last few days, I was just reiterating my frustration. The clouds are breaking a bit and we're getting period of sun. Tomorrow look better and the weekend looks hot, especially Sunday. Beyond there next week looks to be overall warm/above normal.

12z GFS is now warmer then the 12z euro for most of the period.

I havent seen the euro but the GFS has been building the atlantic ridge back west on several of its runs and does so on this one and doesnt allow the trough to dig in that much or that long next week.

I havent seen the euro but the GFS has been building the atlantic ridge back west on several of its runs and does so on this one and doesnt allow the trough to dig in that much or that long next week.

Yup. The new 12z GFS suggests temps, comfortably above normal from Sunday right thru all of next week, with several days pushing the mid 90's.

The new 12z euro is warm as well, but not quite as hot as the GFS.

Yup. The new 12z GFS suggests temps, comfortably above normal from Sunday right thru all of next week, with several days pushing the mid 90's.

The new 12z euro is warm as well, but not quite as hot as the GFS.

sounds like the 5:57am tee times are gonna be warm ones.

Archived