12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July looks poised to once again bring early-month heat

earthlight

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the weekend warm up,the models are hinting that the next warming will come as a result of the Atlantic Ridge building back toward the coast.

Thanks Bluewave. I always enjoy your posts and images. I was noticing that on the gfs runs from yesterday. This by no means looks like a cool or below normal pattern, rather an overall warm one with only clouds producing below normal departures. I think we will see shots of heat balanced by some near normal days with heat retuning in longer spurts through the middle of July. Currently guidance doesnt hint at any prolonged heat, but I could see the Atlantic ridge building back in on/around 9th.

well, if we follow this logic, then there is no point in having any weather discussions or posting any maps since in theory everything can be looked at for ourselves. You are probably just messing with AG3, but on the off chance you are not, please go back and mock all the dgex images and the "off-hour" runs of the gfs that earthlight and others post when they show warmth.

Best post of the warm season thus far.

the euro is awesome especially in the long range. that being said it's a good ways out. there's still a good chance of 2-3 days in the mid or possibly upper 90s in the shorter term. wish you guys luck with that. hopefully it's got the right idea in the long range too.

the euro is awesome especially in the long range. that being said it's a good ways out. there's still a good chance of 2-3 days in the mid or possibly upper 90s in the shorter term. wish you guys luck with that. hopefully it's got the right idea in the long range too.

there is nothing awesome about upper 90's unless you live in a swimming pool. For those of us that actually have jobs it sucks.

12Z run of the GFS continues to say no-go on any true heat waves and brings the troughiness back in pretty good after the fleeting heat. And by the way, I think this was well covered during the winter by the NCEP guys who post here, there is very little statistical difference in the four runs of the GFS.

12Z run of the GFS continues to say no-go on any true heat waves and brings the troughiness back in pretty good after the fleeting heat. And by the way, I think this was well covered during the winter by the NCEP guys who post here, there is very little statistical difference in the four runs of the GFS.

Hoping for the euro to follow suit.

Thanks Bluewave. I always enjoy your posts and images. I was noticing that on the gfs runs from yesterday. This by no means looks like a cool or below normal pattern, rather an overall warm one with only clouds producing below normal departures. I think we will see shots of heat balanced by some near normal days with heat retuning in longer spurts through the middle of July. Currently guidance doesnt hint at any prolonged heat, but I could see the Atlantic ridge building back in on/around 9th.

Thanks,I enjoy reading your posts also.It still looks like the same type pattern which has had Central Park temperatures running between +1 and +2 since April.

that is a great summer pattern IMO

Agreed. It gives all of us a piece of what we enjoy. Forky, Earhtlight, Isotherm, and the heat crew can enjoy 90-100 degrees for a few days a month and the rest of us can enjoy perfect summer weather that has been around, for the past 10+ days. I have no problems with 80-90 degree days that have lower humidity. Nzucker and Sundog also have their share with 65-70 degree days mixed in. A little love for every type of weather geek.

A perfect mix of weather that is fair to everyone.

Agreed. It gives all of us a piece of what we enjoy. Forky, Earhtlight, Isotherm, and the heat crew can enjoy 90-100 degrees for a few days a month and the rest of us can enjoy perfect summer weather that has been around, for the past 10+ days. I have no problems with 80-90 degree days that have lower humidity. Nzucker and Sundog also have their share with 65-70 degree days mixed in. A little love for every type of weather geek.

A perfect mix of weather that is fair to everyone.

yeah, i mean, i dont mind the 90's at all, but consistent 80's with 90's thrown in here and there along with sunshine is the best summer/beach weather..

the 12z euro is even better than last night's so far. the ridge is stronger in the midwest and the west coast trof is stronger and more consolidated... in other words, the heat would get pushed east on this run

Good, now we just need to keep the sea breeze off shore....

On ewall, the euro keeps the 20 degree 850 line very far from our area, right thru hour 168. And after day 5, the flow becomes zonal and no se ridge is present. Cant see past day 7 yet.

Still definetely a couple days pushing 90-95 around day 4-6.

On ewall, the euro keeps the 20 degree 850 line very far from our area, right thru hour 168. And after day 5, the flow becomes zonal and no SW ridge is present. Cant see past day 7 yet.

Still definetely a couple days pushing 90-95 around day 4-6.

we are right around 20c saturday evening

Hence the 90-95 degrees for a couple days, I said.

How does it look past day 7? ewall hasnt updated the long range yet.

Nevermind, Its out to day 9-10 now. Looks above normal. Not a major heat wave but definetely a little above average.

EWR hit 84 today with 850 temps just a hair over 11 C. With 16-18+ 850 temps in the long range for a while..we should be able to crack 90 easily.

A decent amount of in/out clouds as well today. If we can get into the sun, Im confident the pattern will yield above average departures daily through the middle of July .

I'd watch for the next chance of heat after the 7/1 - 7/3 period on/around the 8th, even if its just a couple days.

In the short range I wouldn't rule out a 90 degree reading this coming Wed in the warmer spots.

FWIW, the 0z GFS brings back the heat at least for a couple of days.. nothing historic but I am sure NYC gets into the low 90's with heat indices pushing 100

Yeah, the thing is, in July it doesn't have to be much above normal to get into the 90s. Average high is 86-87 for the month.

Archived