• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Im screwed-Im going to Novia Scotia next week

Ji

Leaving Monday morning and getting back to DC friday afternoon. I will be there Monday night through Friday morning(Sydney, Canada)

It could be pretty wild there Monday morning. That storm is going to back in on them with all sorts of rain and wind. After that it will be windy and cool the rest of the week..but not terribly cold.

Haha you're spending a week in Sydney?..:lmao:. My condolences. If you get a chance, drive up to Meat Cove. They'll treat you like family...lol.

On a plus side. If you drive up to the Cabot Trail they get a local effect called Les Suetes. SE winds get funneled down the valley. During storms winds routinely gust to 140 - 150 km/r. A storm like this progged plus with the blocking high to the north, I would expect gusts to 180 km/r or more. It's quite something to experience. Grand Etang is a wicked spot for gusts. You wouldn't be disappointed.

Haha you're spending a week in Sydney?..:lmao:. My condolences. If you get a chance, drive up to Meat Cove. They'll treat you like family...lol.

On a plus side. If you drive up to the Cabot Trail they get a local effect called Les Suetes. SE winds get funneled down the valley. During storms winds routinely gust to 140 - 150 km/r. A storm like this progged plus with the blocking high to the north, I would expect gusts to 180 km/r or more. It's quite something to experience. Grand Etang is a wicked spot for gusts. You wouldn't be disappointed.

i dont care about wind. I care about snow. I guess Sydney is your version of DCA

It is so late in the year that I don't know what is open.... But a few cool places to see are Fortress Louisbourg on the Atlantic, the Alexander Graham Bell home and museum in Baddeck, and drive up to the Cape Breton Highlands National Park and watch the waves crash against the shoreline below. :) ..peer across the Cabot Strait toward Newfoundland.

It is so late in the year that I don't know what is open.... But a few cool places to see are Fortress Louisbourg on the Atlantic, the Alexander Graham Bell home and museum in Baddeck, and drive up to the Cape Breton Highlands National Park and watch the waves crash against the shoreline below. :) ..peer across the Cabot Strait toward Newfoundland.

You must be related to Sarah Palin...lol. You can't see NewFoundland from Cape Breton. P.E.I maybe on the clearest day possible.:arrowhead:

Oh and JI you would have a new appreciation for wind if you were to experience Les Suetes. I guarantee it. They also gets feet of snow up in the Highlands when It's cold. They also get a Strait effect snow squalls. Like Buffalo. However you won't any in this setup. Boatloads of rain perhaps

I'm heading up to Inverness for a cousin's new year's eve wedding (actually Scotsville). Hopefully we'll see some of those winds, we won't be too far from grand etang

Oh and one other piece of friendly advice. Stay away from Whitney Pier. They don't take kindly to outsiders. I won't even go there. Very Very tough crowd. They will eat you for breakfast, regurgitate you and have you for lunch, and then if they're still hungry for more, crap you out and eat you for dinner.:gun_bandana:

Yeah I didn't say you could see it. I never did when up there camping..I dunno if would be possible on the clearest day..what is it 75 miles? But its just cool to know you are sort of at the end of the world.

You must be related to Sarah Palin...lol. You can't see NewFoundland from Cape Breton. P.E.I maybe on the clearest day possible.:arrowhead:

Oh and JI you would have a new appreciation for wind if you were to experience Les Suetes. I guarantee it. They also gets feet of snow up in the Highlands when It's cold. They also get a Strait effect snow squalls. Like Buffalo. However you won't any in this setup. Boatloads of rain perhaps

Yeah I didn't say you could see it. I never did when up there camping..I dunno if would be possible on the clearest day..what is it 75 miles? But its just cool to know you are sort of at the end of the world.

Yeah i'm just messing with ya. I believe you can see Prince Edward Island from the highlands on a super clear day. Never seen it myself, just what I've been told. I think it's around 75 miles maybe a shade more. Beautiful spot in the early fall. I highly recommend a trip around the Cabot Trail. If you like nature you'll be glad you did and worth the trip.

Archived