Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 17th-22nd severe threat

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's remarkable the level of agreement between the 12z Euro and the 00z GFS. We'll see the 00z Euro, but boy you do not see that kind of agreement very often, let alone in summer...even early summer...

Through 72 the ECMWF looks even more consolidated with the upper trough and a tick slower--actually looks more like the NAM. I think the ECMWF will be a significant ejecting low as it seems to be even a tad deeper with the upper anomaly than the GFS.

It's remarkable the level of agreement between the 12z Euro and the 00z GFS. We'll see the 00z Euro, but boy you do not see that kind of agreement very often, let alone in summer...even early summer...

Yeah, I have to agree, and the thing is the Euro has been the more consistent model as of late too. Needless to say this could be very very interesting early week. Nothing tops a seasonally strong vort max ejecting out into an explosively unstable environment.

Boy you said there, hell from Day 4 on it looks very ominous.

Shiznit is going to hit the fan if that happens. This is going to be a busy next 4-6 days. It has been a while since I have seen such a vigorous PV/shortwave trek from the Rockies through the Great Lakes like the ECMWF/GFS are suggesting this late in the year with such a beefy preceding subtropical ridge.

Shiznit is going to hit the fan if that happens. This is going to be a busy next 4-6 days. It has been a while since I have seen such a vigorous PV/shortwave trek from the Rockies through the Great Lakes like the ECMWF/GFS are suggesting this late in the year with such a beefy preceding subtropical ridge.

Tbh I cant remember such a strong trough digging that far South over The Rockies this late in the season. Really something surprising to see.

Haha, well verbatim it would be doom and gloom. Mainly said potential since it is Day 6. Still wow--that just looks nasty.

this is a weather board.. i think you mean awesome and you really hope it happens. ;)

SPC meso shows very weak winds at 500mb from Iowa back into Nebraska, on the order of 10-25kts. A far cry from the 50-60kt+ jet streak the NAM had been advertising in previous runs. For this reason bulk shear is terrible, and there is essentially nothing to kick off thunderstorms except surface boundary interactions, etc. Instability is gradually building across Iowa and northern Illinois, but not sure what's gonna come of it.

SPC meso shows very weak winds at 500mb from Iowa back into Nebraska, on the order of 10-25kts. A far cry from the 50-60kt+ jet streak the NAM had been advertising in previous runs. For this reason bulk shear is terrible, and there is essentially nothing to kick off thunderstorms except surface boundary interactions, etc. Instability is gradually building across Iowa and northern Illinois, but not sure what's gonna come of it.

The next 2-3 days are so wishy washy, it's really hard to buy into any solutions for beyond monday next week. I do think an MCS dropping down through central Illnois is a good bet tonight.

The next 2-3 days are so wishy washy, it's really hard to buy into any solutions for beyond monday next week. I do think an MCS dropping down through central Illnois is a good bet tonight.

Yeah it definitely looks like the best chance for severe will be where SPC has the higher probs for today. Bulk shear values are considerably better from southern Nebraska/Kansas through Missouri into central/southern Illinois. We do have decent instability building further to the north, but for organized severe we're lacking the wind support.

Tuesday/Wednesday does look scary looking for IL, IN, MI, OH. We might want to create a separate thread for that event and leave this one for events preceding the impending monster as both the European and GFS seem to be trending in a similar direction.

Just a hunch, but I suspect they are being a little too aggresive with lifting the surface warm front north given all the MCS activity that will likely take place to the south between now and then.

Archived