Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 17th-22nd severe threat

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just pushed out severe analysis for today, 17 June, seeing highest threats for severe weather from Topeka, KS to Columbia, MO to Joplin, MO. Convective values across this areas are SFC CAPE 3500 j/kg, LI's -9, 0-1KM SRH 175 m/s. Convective gust potential around 75 knots and hail up to 1.3" possible. Seeing just slight chance of isolated weak tornado in this region. Thoughts? Detail Analysis http://smartwxmodel.net

usa.jpg

12z GFS has trended notably more amplified. Would be a nice late evening / nocturnal MCS Monday, and possibly more significant severe threat mid afternoon Tuesday for OK

What do you think of the tornado probabilities in OK for Tuesday? Looks more linear/MCS to me, but either way looks fairly significant for late June.

The central Plains/Great Lakes is a whole other story. Wicked storms up there Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

I was going to post about how I hoped the HRRR was wrong earlier but lost power again, so now power is back on and the HRRR is still showing a complex developing across W MO into far SE KS today/tonight.

CU field over western MO and eastern KS is blowing up :-\

What do you think of the tornado probabilities in OK for Tuesday? Looks more linear/MCS to me, but either way looks fairly significant for late June.

The central Plains/Great Lakes is a whole other story. Wicked storms up there Tuesday/Wednesday next week.

Yeah, not an exceptional amount of directional shear for the most part, and LCLs will be pretty high. Monday night might offer something as the LLJ powers up, but we'll see

I was going to post about how I hoped the HRRR was wrong earlier but lost power again, so now power is back on and the HRRR is still showing a complex developing across W MO into far SE KS today/tonight.

CU field over western MO and eastern KS is blowing up :-

I'm in SW MO today and would love to get some action, but I hope it spares you guys.

HPC is noticing...

THE 00Z ECMWF MAY BE A LITTLE TOO STRONG WITH

A SHRTWV CROSSING THE NORTHEAST DAYS 3-4 MON-TUE BUT THERE IS MORE

ENSEMBLE SUPPORT FOR SUCH A SOLUTION IN THE 00Z ENSEMBLES COMPARED

TO JUST 12Z HRS AGO. BLENDING THE 00Z ECMWF WITH THE ENSEMBLE

MEANS AGAIN HELPS TO TONE DOWN THE MORE UNCERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE

ECMWF SOLN. SYNOPTIC SETUP APPEARS CONDUCIVE FOR SEVERAL DAYS OF

THUNDERSTORMS... POSSIBLY SEVERE... FROM THE UPPER MIDWEST

EASTWARD ALONG/AHEAD OF THE FRONT GIVEN THE DEEP UPPER LOW

EJECTING EASTWARD. 500MB HEIGHT ANOMALIES ARE FORECAST TO BE

ABOUT 3 STANDARD DEVIATIONS BELOW NORMAL OVER COLORADO EARLY IN

THE WEEK. SEE SPC FOR MORE INFO REGARDING THE SEVERE POTENTIAL.

I'm in SW MO today and would love to get some action, but I hope it spares you guys.

Nice. I wouldn't mind the rain or even thunder and lightning but high wind would be really bad with a lot of projectiles still laying around.

Theres no doubt about that JoMo we definitely have enough projectiles laying on the ground around here and still attached to skeletons of buildings. So do any of these future days look terribly tornadic for us in the joplin mo area .??? any thoughts guys or girls ????

Theres no doubt about that JoMo we definitely have enough projectiles laying on the ground around here and still attached to skeletons of buildings. So do any of these future days look terribly tornadic for us in the joplin mo area .??? any thoughts guys or girls ????

It smells like spoiled food and death around some of the areas still :-\

I don't know about during the next week, but SPC just increased the tornado risk to 5% just north of us, and the wind risk is now 30%.

IF ORGANIZED SEVERE CONVECTION DEVELOPS ALONG THE OLD OUTFLOW BOUNDARY FROM ERN KS INTO CNTRL MO...STORMS MAY PROPAGATE IN A SWD DIRECTION...EVENTUALLY AFFECTING NRN AR. MODELS SUGGEST 22-00Z THEMOST LIKELY TIME FOR INITIATION.

cool radar loop of the KLOT 88d as you can see the boundary stalling NW-SE across the area and possibly lifting north a bit on the last few scans but looks like it shouldn't move that much for now. Some decent instability south and west of this boundary (ARR is 82/66 and DKB is 82/68. Curious as it what happens with any thunderstorm development later this afternoon and evening.

cool radar loop of the KLOT 88d as you can see the boundary stalling NW-SE across the area and possibly lifting north a bit on the last few scans but looks like it shouldn't move that much for now. Some decent instability south and west of this boundary (ARR is 82/66 and DKB is 82/68. Curious as it what happens with any thunderstorm development later this afternoon and evening.

i posted about that in the June thread, didn't think there was much severe threat, but parameters aren't terrible further south.

i posted about that in the June thread, didn't think there was much severe threat, but parameters aren't terrible further south.

slight risk of severe just along and southwest of the boundary so I figured I'd post here but ya I don't see much coming from it although low level lapse rates are pretty nice along it.

I know it JoMo it is disheartening when you can still go to certain places to work here in town and still smell the rooting food and death in the air , I still think that they will find more people as they uncover and load up more debris too unfortunately and then they will post it as so many more died from injuries or an infecion in the hospital . If they could just tell the truth about the situation , yeah it might a bit more but the families would at least know the truth no matter what gievn the event and scale I think it is a given that they do find more victims..

Archived