Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
6/9 Thunderstorm Discussion

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressed with what I'm seeing n and e of Albany, from Albany to the SW is a very different animal, no increase in forward speed and no sign of a cold pool developing...radar sig for a cold pool is an area of cyclonic moderate rain to the ne of the derecho (I do in fact think that is a derecho sig in NH/CT/MA/NY, just not west of Albany...yet at any rate

so why did the SPC issue a watch for us?

looks more isolated instead of the impressive squall line west of boston. As far as SPC, why did they issue a TOR watch last week, because the conditions were favorable to produce tornadoes. Does not mean we were going to get hit today? No.

Severe thunderstorm warning for northeastern Sussex county.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

333 PM EDT THU JUN 9 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY NJ HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

NORTHEASTERN SUSSEX COUNTY IN NORTHWEST NEW JERSEY...

* UNTIL 415 PM EDT

* AT 330 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL...AND

DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR

SUSSEX...OR 9 MILES SOUTHEAST OF MONTAGUE...AND MOVING EAST AT 30

MPH.

looks more isolated instead of the impressive squall line west of boston. As far as SPC, why did they issue a TOR watch last week, because the conditions were favorable to produce tornadoes. Does not mean we were going to get hit today? No.

they are absolutely thinking the line will reach us. read the text of the watch

Honestly go troll elswhere. There appears to be very little chance that at least part of our area doesn't get hit with that line

LOL at my NWS forecast:

A chance of showers and thunderstorms' date=' mainly before 1am. Some storms could be severe, with [b']damaging winds, gusty winds,[/b] and frequent lightning. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. West wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

I think they meant to say "Large Hail and Damaging Winds"

Mesoscale Discussion 1156< Previous MD mcd1156.gif MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 1156 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 0218 PM CDT THU JUN 09 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...NE PA...UPSTATE NEW YORK...VT...NH...ME CONCERNING...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 450... VALID 091918Z - 092045Z THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 450 CONTINUES. A STRONG/SEVERE SQUALL LINE CONTINUES TO EVOLVE AND ORGANIZE ACROSS PARTS OF NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND WEST SOUTHWESTWARD INTO THE NORTHERN ALLEGHENY MOUNTAINS. ACTIVITY APPEARS LIKELY TO ADVANCE SOUTHEAST OF THE CAPITAL DISTRICT OF NEW YORK...AND ACROSS AND SOUTHEAST OF THE CATSKILLS SHORTLY...WITH SEVERE POTENTIAL DIMINISHING ACROSS AREAS OF UPSTATE NEW YORK TO THE NORTH AND WEST. ONE EXCEPTION COULD EXIST NEAR THE INTERNATIONAL BORDER AREA NEAR/NORTHWEST THROUGH NORTH OF THE ADIRONDACKS...WHERE A PRE-FRONTAL CORRIDOR OF MODERATE BOUNDARY LAYER INSTABILITY LINGERS. NEW STORM DEVELOPMENT STILL APPEARS POSSIBLE LATE THIS AFTERNOON...ALONG AND AHEAD OF THE SURFACE FRONT AS IT ADVANCES INTO NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND AND THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY. DEEP LAYER WESTERLY MEAN FLOW IS STRENGTHENING IN EXCESS OF 40 KT ACROSS THIS REGION...AND WILL ENHANCE THE RISK FOR CONVECTIVELY GENERATED DAMAGING SURFACE GUSTS.

Hatched hail is a rarity and I'm not sure if I can recall an instance in the past where we were in one. But I am sure it is more recent than I can remember. ;)

You've had enough hail there in Monmouth county for one year.

lol yeah half dollar to golf ball hail is enough for a lifetime down this way..

Archived