Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
6/9 Thunderstorm Discussion

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man NY state is getting rocked! Billowing cumulus is developing over our area as we speak. There is nothing stopping these storms now especially with all the factors I'n place. If shear increases a tornado or two cannot be ruled out...

I like the bow developing east of glens falls, looks like it is developing a classic cold pool to its N/NE, that's what we need to see develop to our NW, the squall line over the S tier is not overly impressive at this time and there is no sign of a cold pool developing, at the moment run of the mill severe but nothing out of the ordinary, biting fingernails

looks like I went too high on the hail and not high enough on the wind :whistle:

Tornadoes

Probability of 2 or more tornadoes

Low (20%)

Probability of 1 or more strong (F2-F5) tornadoes

Low (5%)

Wind

Probability of 10 or more severe wind events

High (>95%)

Probability of 1 or more wind events > 65 knots

Mod (60%)

Hail

Probability of 10 or more severe hail events

Mod (60%)

Probability of 1 or more hailstones > 2 inches

Mod (50%)

Combined Severe Hail/Wind

Probability of 6 or more combined severe hail/wind events

High (>95%)

Notice how much slower the line is moving over PA than Upstate NY, unless we get that strorger upper level winds to head south with the front we are going to see isolated t-storms at best.

I see your still having some trouble with whats occuring. We are likely not going to have to wait for the activity that is way out in Central and Western PA. There should be storms nearing the Poconos shortly.

Notice how much slower the line is moving over PA than Upstate NY, unless we get that strorger upper level winds to head south with the front we are going to see isolated t-storms at best.

Thats because the cold pool is developing with the earlier initiated storms, causing them to speed up. The storms over PA will Pick up speed as well.

The entire line is congealing and developing a cold pool while dropping southeast. This could get really good.

With those meager CAPE values, you've got to be kidding me. :P

Nice long line developing.

Unlike last week, this one is very long and not isolated.

I believe it was Isotherm who said he would rather have this type of setup than your EML/supercell setup...that way you are more likely to be hit by something. He is starting to make sense...

But the high-end severe wx kind of stuff usually happens with those setups more than something like today.

I believe it was Isotherm who said he would rather have this type of setup than your EML/supercell setup...that way you are more likely to be hit by something. He is starting to make sense...

But the high-end severe wx kind of stuff usually happens with those setups more than something like today.

Yeah, but at this point, I'm sure all of us would be happy with a nice line of strong storms that impact the majority; instead of small severe, isolated stuff.

Archived