12bet1 net
May 25th Severe weather thread

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL MO

1110 AM CDT WED MAY 25 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PLEASANT HILL HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

EASTERN JOHNSON COUNTY IN EAST CENTRAL KANSAS...

NORTHWESTERN CASS COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL MISSOURI...

SOUTHWESTERN JACKSON COUNTY IN WEST CENTRAL MISSOURI...

* UNTIL 1145 AM CDT

* AT 1106 AM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS

STORM WAS LOCATED 7 MILES WEST OF BELTON...AND MOVING NORTH AT

25 MPH. THIS STORM HAS HAD A HISTORY OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR

LOUISBURG IN NORTHEASTERN MIAMI COUNTY. SEEK SHELTER NOW IF YOU ARE

IN THE PATH OF THIS STORM.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

GRANDVIEW...LEAWOOD...OVERLAND PARK...PRAIRIE VILLAGE...MISSION

HILLS...FAIRWAY...MISSION...MERRIAM AND STANLEY.

THIS WILL IMPACT

I-435 LOOP FROM MILE MARKERS 67 TO 80.

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, the RUC really has the low level flow crapping out. This is different than that 00z NAM you posted last night. If true then the northern parts of the risk areas might have trouble panning out.

SRH tanks in a good chunk of IL/IN on this

ruc06hr_sfc_sreh.gif

another tornado report from earlier

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  
1102 AM CDT WED MAY 25 2011     

.TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     
.DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                
..REMARKS..    

0915 AM     TORNADO          ST. ANNE                41.02N 87.72W   
05/25/2011                   KANKAKEE           IL   FIRE DEPT/RESCUE                

HOUSE DAMAGED.  

another one...this area just got hit on Sunday

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  
1114 AM CDT WED MAY 25 2011     

.TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     
.DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                
..REMARKS..    

0924 AM     TORNADO          RENSSELAER              40.94N 87.15W   
05/25/2011                   JASPER             IN   EMERGENCY MNGR                  

POSSIBLE TORNADO. POWER LINES DOWN...SHINGLES LOST...TRUCK OVERTURNED AT 231 AND DREXEL. 
ALSO TREE LIMBS DOWN ALONG SR114 AND 150E.    

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL MO1119 AM CDT WED MAY 25 2011JOHNSON KS-JACKSON MO-1119 AM CDT WED MAY 25 2011AT 1116 AM CDT...LAW ENFORCEMEMT WAS REPORTING A TORNADO ON THE GROUNDNEAR 132ND AND METCALF. NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATEDTHIS DANGEROUS STORM WAS LOCATED 7 MILES WEST OF BELTON...MOVING NORTHAT 25 MPH.LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE... LEAWOOD...OVERLAND PARK...PRAIRIE VILLAGE...MISSION HILLS... FAIRWAY...MISSION AND MERRIAM.THIS WILL IMPACT I-435 LOOP FROM MILE MARKERS 67 TO 80.

If that's true, it's the third largest city in Kansas... close to or over 100K people, I think.

As with Dallas I think there's a bit of jumpiness since Joplin (spotters and LE, not NWS offices)....I'm not super-confident in all of these (they obviously should be warned and people should take appropriate action.)

probably going to meet up with Victor Gensini who is a former NIU met student who is going for his PhD now at school in GA, just talked to him heading east out of MO towards STL and thinks today is going to be HUGE..that boundary setting up from VIA to around STL slowly drifting southeast..thinks STL to mt vernon is a great spot.

probably going to meet up with Victor Gensini who is a former NIU met student who is going for his PhD now at school in GA, just talked to him heading east out of MO towards STL and thinks today is going to be HUGE..that boundary setting up from VIA to around STL slowly drifting southeast..thinks STL to mt vernon is a great spot.

agreed... the I-64 cooridor looks good sadly as tornadoes that develop along there.... then well i get to be in the same boat as JoMo..... getting a REAL close view of a tornado...

The Centralia/Vandalia area in south central Illinois always seems to attract nice cells.

I'm listening to the Fox4KC stream and I'm a bit surprised at how much they are downplaying these tornadoes. Granted that area doesn't look favorable for large destructive tornadoes but I don't approve of the on air "talent" saying "these are no big deal, they'll touch down maybe knock some things around then lift."

You probably know this but Southeast Missouri is good chase territory generally south of Cape Girardeau where there are open plains. Sikeston is great along I-55. Looks to be smack in the middle of the high risk area, too.

agreed... the I-64 cooridor looks good sadly as tornadoes that develop along there.... then well i get to be in the same boat as JoMo..... getting a REAL close view of a tornado...

Don't let your svr wx enthusiasm trump your safety later today as you follow this outbreak. Possible tor/wind damage reported up in Brook IN area from earlier this morning per LSR.

The Centralia/Vandalia area in south central Illinois always seems to attract nice cells.

tell me about it Alek... then they head ENE from there across Northern Clay county... or they go just south of Flora and hit Northern Wayne county. we had a direct hit in 97 from an F2... something tells me we won't be so lucky today... now it's hope for the best, but were prepared for the worst here too.

Don't let your svr wx enthusiasm trump your safety later today as you follow this outbreak. Possible tor/wind damage reported up in Brook IN area from earlier this morning per LSR.

oh trust me... safety first here.... Ohh humm May have to have mom call her sister later and see how she is.

Archived