joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 23rd

k***

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a line trying to form from Mt. Pleasant down to Grand Rapids, and on down to Kalamazoo. This is occurring along the leading edge of the 2nd wave of cloudiness, so some destabilization may be able to take place in front of it...though the first line over SE Michigan currently may hamper destabilization.

post-214-0-95746500-1306165236.jpg

Latest Smart Severe Analysis uploaded. At this hour showing the highest instability in and near the cities of Frederick, Ok - Wichita Fall, TX - Gutherie, OK - Mena, AR - Chanute, KS - to Dallas, TX. Current values have SFC CAPE's around 2529 to 3075 j/kg, 0-1KM SRH around 190 to 215 m/s, and 0-1KM Shear values of 35-42 knots. Seeing convective gust potential of up to 70 knots and hail size of 2.8" in diameter. Analysis available http://smartwxmodel.net

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL

121 PM CDT MON MAY 23 2011

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

SOUTHERN CHRISTIAN COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...

EFFINGHAM COUNTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS...

SOUTHERN MOULTRIE COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...

SHELBY COUNTY IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS...

* UNTIL 215 PM CDT.

* AT 118 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED A

LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DESTRUCTIVE WINDS

IN EXCESS OF 80 MPH. THESE STORMS WERE LOCATED ALONG A LINE

EXTENDING FROM 6 MILES SOUTHEAST OF CARLINVILLE TO TAYLOR SPRINGS

TO BEAVER CREEK...AND MOVING EAST AT 65 MPH.

AT 84 MPH WIND WAS REPORTED AT ALTON AIRPORT WITH THESE

It starts raining at a pretty good clip as soon as I leave my school and walk to my car, and settles down 10 seconds later when I'm safe in my car. :lightning:

Don't know what to think about the rest of the day for SEMI. HRRR doesn't show much, but then again its been pretty awful lately

Wow, was this my event or not.

I got hit by the intial round midday/early afternoon t'storms with gusty winds and torrential downpours, then we had partly cloudy skies for two hours, then I was brushed by a heavy rain shower, then the sun came out again. Now a severe thunderstorm is headed my way. I honestly thoguht it would miss me to the south, but it found a way here.

Storm's about over now, but wind gusts were easily 60 MPH with some hail mixed in. It was literally like a hurricane outside for some time. The poewr even went in and out briefly.

This is MY type of weather for sure!!! Thanks mother nature!!!

Environment Canada just issued a 180 mile long severe thunderstorm warning from Georgian Bay to the Ohio border. That's wider than Michigan. Really puts there dodgy warnings into perspective when you compare its size to something

I use NWS and the only part of Env Canada I utilize is the Exeter radar to follow severe weather in this area. Their forecasting and the accuracy and timeliness of severe weather info, is in my opinion, sketchy at best. Scary to think about actually.

Archived