Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 23-27 Severe Weather Obs/Disc.

Ellinwood

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its just me, but the current line looks a lot weaker than the line the HRRR predicted for this timeframe... Hopefully they get going after they get over the mountains

it's a marginal setup.. it could easily suck. the best dynamics are north and the best instability is south. we just gotta keep our fingers crossed. :scooter:

Forbes just upped his Torcon to 4 in PA...didn't say anything about VA

based on the maps it's more a PA threat.. but usually the tail end of the line can produce as well. the cell moving toward loudoun is slightly interesting looking, some rotation at higher scans.

Watch will be extended.. http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md0899.html

MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0899 NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK 0340 PM CDT MON MAY 23 2011 AREAS AFFECTED...CNTRL/ERN PA/MD...NRN VA CONCERNING...SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 338... VALID 232040Z - 232215Z THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 338 CONTINUES. WW 338 IS SCHEDULED TO EXPIRE AT 22Z. GIVEN THE LIKELIHOOD OF AN ISOLATED SEVERE THREAT PERSISTING BEYOND THIS TIME FRAME...A REPLACEMENT WW WILL BE COORDINATED BETWEEN 21-22Z ALONG AND E OF ONGOING BROKEN LINE OF TSTMS FROM CNTRL PA INTO NRN VA. AS OF 2030Z...A BROKEN LINE OF TSTMS WAS LOCATED ALONG A CONFLUENCE AXIS FROM CLINTON COUNTY PA TO MADISON COUNTY VA. DESPITE SOME RECENT WEAKENING NOTED IN RADAR REFLECTIVITY ON THE SRN EXTENT OF TSTM CELLS IN NRN VA...ENVIRONMENT ALONG AND EAST OF THE CONFLUENCE AXIS REMAINS WEAKLY UNSTABLE ACROSS PA TO MODERATELY UNSTABLE SWD INTO NRN VA. EFFECTIVE SHEAR AROUND 40 KT WILL SUPPORT ORGANIZED UPDRAFTS PRIMARILY PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS AND SEVERE HAIL. ..GRAMS.. 05/23/2011

doesnt look like much more than random rotation at the lower level so far.. only seen on a scan or two tho im using free radar

The Grlevel3 shows somewhat interesting velocity scan, but I'm not sure I know how to read it. A Friend in purcellville called and saying there are several "finger clouds" near her area. Not sure what to make of that...

Edit: Wind shift to the WSW now... I guess thats it.

Archived