Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 23-27 Severe Weather Obs/Disc.

Ellinwood

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah...even LWX (NWS) called me to ask if it was actually doing anything. I told her...nope...nothing special. I was streaming my video...but it was pretty boring. Some backside lightning was the highlight. I do wish I had the audio going when I was in Gaithersburg...at the OldeTowne Parking deck...and a really close CG hit...ah...that echo was schweeeeet.

another joke, no need for the severe tstorm warning out here, in LoCo. It got dark, windy, few rumbles of thunder and strikes of lightning then it rained for 11 minutes and then it was done.

the clouds prior to it getting into town were the best part

From Leesburg Corner

Storm wasn't at severe levels out this way, but it was better than 6/4/08. I hear it was worse down on the VA side of the Potomac river 10 miles SSW according to a few friends, but it must have weakened before it got here.

For a brief 30 seconds there were some gusty winds, then the drownpour. Some good CG lightning, no hail or "bethesda mass destruction" though :(. The gusts were strong enough to loft leaves and small pieces of tree up into the air, but thats about the only aspect that was truly interesting about it.

I did a local chase.. I got a 23.4 mph on the kestrel, recorded some good data for a self-study project i'm doing. Some really close GC, shelf cloud was not particularly "awesome" with the high LCL's but overall it was a ok thunderstorm. Way below severe limits in all aspects. Alot of forked lightning.

did ya get my text dime saize hail at your office slick

Per a text from my better half earlier this eve, Fairfax County Hospital was on generator power. At least on her ward.

Poo here. Radar presentation ftw.

Archived