• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 24 Plains/MW Severe Threat

Helicity

It didn't hurt me...just pointing out how lame it is that the staff just rolled over and let you do your thing. They look totally spineless.

I made a valid point...people were foaming at the mouth for long track EF-4's/5's to hit highly populated areas....How is that trolling?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because you don't realize it doesn't mean I wasn't moderating.

If you moderate in the forest and no one is there to see it or be influenced by it, are you really moderating?

You act liek the only arrow in your quiver is deletion. Try being proactive. Make a big deal up front about how people have to post better and knock off the OMG's, and they will decrease...dramatically.

I just thought it was odd that no one stepped in and gave some gentle guidance on how to post better, despite the fact that there was almost always a handful of staff in the thread when all of this was going down.

I made a valid point...people were foaming at the mouth for long track EF-4's/5's to hit highly populated areas....How is that trolling?

Because it has always been considered inappropriate to discuss the morality of our weather habits in event threads....this is true across all weather types

That seems like an OT sort of topic-- not for the actual discussion in a wx thread. You icep*ssies always need to moralize Re: others' wx interests. Y'all see snow as so benign. :P

snow kills, but in the means, it is benign by comparison.....I am not moralizing....I know you give a lot in terms of time, money, and volunteer work back to the poor rural Mexican communities you chase in....I'm not calling you out

my "thing" lasted like 5 minutes...it was hardly some repeated disruptive intrusion....you should learn how to troll better

you're the one who needs to learn to troll better...you spent all day calling bust, saying the storms were going linear, then eventually moving to the people are wishing for ef5's stuff.

like a baby seeking attention, you poked and prodded from the periphery all day.

Because it has always been considered inappropriate to discuss the morality of our weather habits in event threads....this is true across all weather types

There was palpable disappointment that the cells were merging.....you dont see that in snow threads....for better or worse, we are unapologetic...we openly want the worst possible conditions to materiialize at all times...If all weather is so sad and destructive, why the ambivalence among rainers?

you're the one who needs to learn to troll better...you spent all day calling bust, saying the storms were going linear, then eventually moving to the people are wishing for ef5's stuff.

like a baby seeking attention, you poked and prodded from the periphery all day.

I made like 4 posts here and 2-3 comments in Da Shout that were read by like 3 people....but ok!!

Maybe people's perceptions of things would have been different with a little bit more active moderation by the staff? Maybe then we wouldn't have had 6 pages of OMG.

A stickied thread was made and the weenies (many of whom I've never seen in an outbreak thread) rushed in...of course that's going to tilt the expectations in an unreasonable direction.

i think in an outbreak situation there needs to be a seperate commentary thread.. there was definitely a time where it was hard to talk weather here. i would not have announced people should come to this thread myself. the goal should never be to pack 400 people in one spot.

i think in an outbreak situation there needs to be a seperate commentary thread.. there was definitely a time where it was hard to talk weather here. i would not have announced people should come to this thread myself. the goal should never be to pack 400 people in one spot.

lets try it and so how it goes

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/19044-chit-chat-and-other-banter-may-25th-severe-weather/

Let's see how that concept goes today....I think it might work, especially if the taggers work to shepard people in the right direction.

BUS

Hoosier

Grady/McClain Co. northern tornado (Chickasha-Newcastle):

http://video.foxnews...hrough-oklahoma <-- have to sit through ads, but worth it for the absolutely SICK close-up view of tornadogenesis... very violent motion

Grady/McClain/Cleveland Co. southern tornado (Criner-Washington-Goldsby):

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gpKUm9n2kus

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4I47sFEEYvk

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qIL6O3lknPw

Survey results for some of the Oklahoma tornadoes:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/images/oun/wxevents/20110524/05241625-PNSOUN.txt

Storm 2 should be a 4, and not just because ELRE mesonet site took a glancing blow and recorded a 151 gust.

I think the same for Storm 4. That storm wiped the houses right off the foundations, but I'm not sure that they were built strongly enough for it to be a 5.

I didn't see a lot of Storm 3, but after seeing video of a whole trailer home being flung from the tornado...Wow.

Archived