• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 26-28 severe risk

Ian

Ended up with 1.62" from the early morning storms. The first came through at 3 AM, and was downright scary. The wind and rain woke me from a dead sleep. I looked out the window and had trouble seeing the street lamps on the next block. Don't know if I've ever seen wind-whipped rain like that. My GF seemingly can sleep through anything, and it woke her up. I've never been one to worry about severe weather, because I kinda like it, and I've lived here long enough to know tornado chances are miniscule, but I got the GF and the dog and went to the basement. Then checked the weather to see the STS warning and tornado watch here, and tornado warnings in Shen Co. Later storm produced tornado warning for here, but I didn't know about that until this morning; that storm was not as impressive as the first. After being missed from all directions the last two days I didn't give much of a chance for these storms this morning. Was very wrong. Scary to think what could've happened if that same energy came through at 4 PM instead of 4AM. This puts the total rainfall at my house for Apr just over 8". The grass is going crazy.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely.

over in that area/clinton was about as strong as the couplet got on that storm when i was watching. it is interesting to see ground truth. i may use it in a post for CWG that i stayed up till 2:30 to finish so it can run tomorrow. ;)

Pretty impressive tornados in the Shenandoah valley. Especially the first one, traveled a fair distance

EF-2 tornado traveled 33.2 miles from Rockingham to Shenandoah County, Max Winds: 130 mph

EF-1 tornado near Staunton, VA. Traveled from Christian to just west of Churchville. Max Winds: 100 mph

EF-1 tornado just north of Harrisonburg, near Linville. Max Winds: 90 mph

EF-1 tornado just south of Harrisonburg, near Keezletown (Boyers Road) Max Winds: 90 mph

• 2 weeks later...

Archived