• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Our first legit shot at some severe weather?

weatherwiz

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Well, I agreed that nothing over the course of the past few decades would match this in terms of significance.

haha yeah we've had some comparable high impact snow storms. Nowadays though we have means of snow removal that for the most part makes storms inconsequential after a few days. People down south will be cleaning up for at least the next year.

Only exception might be larger ice storms like 08, but obviously there's no comparison with the death toll

Thank you.

The media wahcks it to this and all the drama queens are out in full force.

I think it's the damage and the way people died that make it awful. Winter storms kill people from auto accidents, while people died yesterday from walls caving in on them and 2X4's going through their head. It's not quite the same imo.

I think it's the damage and the way people died that make it awful. Winter storms kill people from auto accidents, while people died yesterday from walls caving in on them and 2X4's going through their head. It's not quite the same imo.

It is what it is...I spoke of death tolls, nothing else....fact not opinion.

Maybe I'm alone, but I'd rather a 2X4 through the head, than slowly and methodically freezing to death in my vehicle, on rt 128.

Winter storms kill a lot of people, but it doesn't get sensationalized like tornadoes. The Mar '93 superstorm killed 300 people.

a lot of people die in traffic accidents and heart attacks from winter storms... what makes tornadoes worse is how indiscriminate and tragic the deaths are.

Well I still think '74 might be this, but we basically had the perfect storm of tornado ingredients come together.

We'll have to see what the final numbers are once they go through and get rid of duplicate reports and such but as of now between 12z yesterday and 12z today has the most tornadoes of any 24-HR period, beating 4/3/74. This will likely be the biggest two-day tornado outbreak on record as well...this coming just weeks after we likely had the biggest three-day tornado outbreak on record.

Thank you.

The media whacks it to this and all the drama queens are out in full force.

my personal favorite are the clowns who get all pissy over the level of excitement at an outbreak because of the death and destruction and say 'we should be ashamed of how we wish it on people' when in reality not being excited over a big outbreak would completely contradict the point of being a wx enthusiast and being a member of these forums.. drama queens

Right, but folks are trying to downplay the severity of what happened yesterday. Winter storms are a dime a dozen and sure can kill..but not nearly on the same plane as tor's

Who did that.....I objectively compared death tolls.....I think the folks who are weighing in 2X4s are viewing things more subjectively.

my personal favorite are the clowns who get all pissy over the level of excitement at an outbreak because of the death and destruction and say 'we should be ashamed of how we wish it on people' when in reality not being excited over a big outbreak would completely contradict the point of being a wx enthusiast and being a member of these forums.. drama queens

I couldn't care less about people who do that. If they think I am controlling the weather by wishing for a big storm, then they can go seek their nearest psychologist.

Since we don't control the weather, its completely irrelevant what someone "hopes" the weather does.

I couldn't care less about people who do that. If they think I am controlling the weather by wishing for a big storm, then they can go seek their nearest psychologist.

Since we don't control the weather, its completely irrelevant what someone "hopes" the weather does.

If I could control the wx, there honestly would be throngs of folks lining the Tobin.

Archived