Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tulip Trouncer Threat II - End of March/ Early April

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the other reasons why the GFS snow amt forecast may be "OK" verbatim is that that 700mb low tracks from BDL to BOS then offshore...so naturally the best snows would be a distance to the left of that track.

It's basically a 6hr QPF bomb and then dryslots after 12z, but it looks pretty juicy during that time.

One of the other reasons why the GFS snow amt forecast may be "OK" verbatim is that that 700mb low tracks from BDL to BOS then offshore...so naturally the best snows would be a distance to the left of that track.

Shows mostly sleet .72 worth in my neck of the woods, good dynamics are needed. Not expecting much but it is close to being an isobomb.

Yea, BL impedes accumulations to the tune of about half of what would be commensurate to that QPF.

right...the good news is that sounding is cold...it's just a very tiny above freezing layer near the surface which should be able to overcome through heavy precipitation. The GFS has -15 to -20 omega through the snow crystal growth layer, which is pretty nice.

The soundings are pretty cold for you during most of the storm. That's more important to look at. The snow algorithms aren't always made to be taken verbatim..especially during anomalous events like this.

I was also suprised to see max accumlations of like 8"...the way people were talking, I expected double that.

It's basically a 6hr QPF bomb and then dryslots after 12z, but it looks pretty juicy during that time.

This solution is going to change 22 times up until the event, so there's really no reason to hash out the details. Hell, there may not even be any reason to hash out any generalties at this point. Either way, this is probably going to put the 'ol rotten cherry on top of a tailpipe smokin' end to winter

This solution is going to change 22 times up until the event, so there's really no reason to hash out the details. Hell, there may not even be any reason to hash out any generalties at this point. Either way, this is probably going to put the 'ol rotten cherry on top of a tailpipe smokin' end to winter

LOL, but it's good to show people how to break down the solution I guess.

Hopefully people understand the caveats of models this far out. Well everyone, but Kevin.

:lol:

This is what Scooter must have been alluding to with his progressive reference; hopefully that sw can avail of the additional energy rounding the nadir of the trough.

Honestly....ignore the numbers for now, because as Mike said..it will likely change again.....and again. We're just having a little fun with the model disco.

Honestly....ignore the numbers for now, because as Mike said..it will likely change again.....and again. We're just having a little fun with the model disco.

Well, they are the only means by which to quantify the final outcome of a given soloution, which is crucial to discussing the run imo.

I understand that it is highly unlikely to verify, though.

LOL, but it's good to show people how to break down the solution I guess.

Hopefully people understand the caveats of models this far out. Well everyone, but Kevin.

Kevin already dropped trou and is currently atop the tallest tree in his yard awaiting the first snowflakes.

I don't know..we're pretty far out. So long as this doesn't cut through the Hudson, I'd say the risk is for some snow, but that's really all you can say at this juncture.

Well, astute posters like Kevin are conservatively tossing numbers like 18+" so I thought I'd give you a chance to out forecast him with a 24-36" snowfall but I guess you're going to take the wait and see approach.

Well, they are the only means by which to quantify the final outcome of a given soloution, which is crucial to discussing the run imo.

I understand that it is highly unlikely to verify, though.

Oh I know..you seemed a little concerned about the numbers being spit out...I just meant not to worry that much about it for now. I know you don't like to look at soundings much, but you can check them out on twisterdata. It's a nice reality check to everyone with 2m temp fetishes.

Oh I know..you seemed a little concerned about the numbers being spit out...I just meant not to worry that much about it for now. I know you don't like to look at soundings much, but you can check them out on twisterdata. It's a nice reality check to everyone with 2m temp fetishes.

I was more concerned about the disconnect between the modeled reality and other folks apparent perceptions of\inferences regarding it.

Archived