• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The North trend thread

Damage In Tolland

Yes we're seeing models going there now..it's a glorified Alberta clipper..and I've said all along it'sa 3-6 inch type deal ..I love the way this pattern looks starting next weekend. We're gonna be very happy over the next 25-30 days

Actually the big change is out west. I'm comparing with the 00z GFS, but the upper level low actually moves sw of CA at D5 and then finally moves into srn CA, but causes a big amplification in the ridge out west. The euro implied something similar at 00z, but not as dramatic. The 00z just moves the upper level low in a progressive fashion and no amplification.

We'll see what the euro does. I'd like to start seeing a hint at a stronger s/w on this run. I think the fact that heights were higher out west may have allowed the s/w to dig a little deeper on this run.

Would help if got stronger sooner to be able to dig more then once it hits the atlantic.....

so hypothetically a storm shows up two weeks from now that is just marginally cold enough for SNE...does Kev still say it'll trend north?

No we put that in the "South Trend" thread where the storm should move just far enough south to get CT in on the best dendrite growth with no chance of mixing or boundary layer issues.

However, I do agree that I bet we see a decent amount of storms come north as models over-estimate the strength of the NAO blocking. Heck, that 12/6-7 could still end up running up the Hudson Valley for all we know... and some GFS ensemble members still have a Lakes Cutter, but don't tell the weenies that.

No we put that in the "South Trend" thread where the storm should move just far enough south to get CT in on the best dendrite growth with no chance of mixing or boundary layer issues.

However, I do agree that I bet we see a decent amount of storms come north as models over-estimate the strength of the NAO blocking. Heck, that 12/6-7 could still end up running up the Hudson Valley for all we know... and some GFS ensemble members still have a Lakes Cutter, but don't tell the weenies that.

Yeah, Trends were really good today, I think we see more models come on board in the next couple of days, That certainly was a weenie dream run on the 12z euro, As long as it holds on to somewhat the same solution it shows there will be a lot of happy weenies running around this weekend........ :snowman:

Archived