• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
00z ECMWF buries NC/VA

The new GooFuS(12Z),living up to it's bias of course, say's no such thing and totally squashes/ obliterate's the southern wave and then quickly anhilates the pattern!

close.gif

yup...

One thing I'm looking for is to see if the mega block from hell that's been showing up in that 6 to 10 day range holds in the modelling as the long range becomes the mid range. It looks like the 12z gfs has weakened it some making what would have been a clipper snow event here for late weekend, a rain event as the low goes much further north.

looks like the canadian 12z keeps the block bully.....clipper goes off virginia...much further south

That's for next Sunday morning.. 6 days from today.

Yes, the new Euro has the clipper blowing up into a decent MA and New England storm, suppresses the second SW system. Does not really matter, the models remain comically different even at as early as day 4 and by days

7-10 we basically have chaos with all the flip-flops and extreme differences, Trying to be specific right now beyond day 4 is an exercise in futility.

Kinda close in the time frame to another big snowstorm we had here on Dec 2-3 2000, it was one of the bigger storms of my life here in eastern NC and that was also a fairly strong La Nina winter I believe. RAH has a great case study on the system and it was way more localized than what the current Euro runs.

It was a heck of a storm a friend had a picnic table in the middle of his open backyard and at one point we measured 15" on it and this was after it had compacted a bit by far the most impressive snow I can remember other than the Dec 22 1989 storm and of course March 1980. I remember the storm was originally called for the triangle west and The Weatehr Channel sent crews to Raleigh and they ended up with a flizzard.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~nwsfo/storage/cases/20001203/

CMC more in line with the Euro...GFS not at all. I'm liking this clipper system- I say that this thing does actually produce. I don't know, it's just a feeling. I think that the Euro may be overdoing it slightly, but wouldn't it make sense that this clipper system transfer its energy to the coast and make a storm? I mean, it's not that farfetched an idea. Certainly bears watching, as I think it's more realistic than the ridiculous thing the 00z Euro was showing.

Archived