Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like from tomorrow on you will get rid of one thing, the cold...the rain though looks to be present or the chance of it.

Meh, I'd rather have temperatures 10 degrees below normal with sunshine, rather than temperatures 10-15 degrees above normal with more rain if I had a choice. :rolleyes:

PHL is +1.7 for the month. ABE is +1.5. ILG is +1.6. ACY is +4.0.

Y'all are a bunch of wimps, whining about the weather all Spring. You are totally, whether consciously or not, comparing this spring to last spring, and last spring was like one in 50 years. This Spring is normal... hell, its been warmer than normal the last 3 weeks. Get over it.

I have something to complain about... EKO is -1.8 for the month. Though I'm certainly not complaining about the 10" of snow I had on April 8th ;)

PHL is +1.7 for the month. ABE is +1.5. ILG is +1.6. ACY is +4.0.

Y'all are a bunch of wimps, whining about the weather all Spring. You are totally, whether consciously or not, comparing this spring to last spring, and last spring was like one in 50 years. This Spring is normal... hell, its been warmer than normal the last 3 weeks. Get over it.

I have something to complain about... EKO is -1.8 for the month. Though I'm certainly not complaining about the 10" of snow I had on April 8th ;)

i think most are more annoyed by the constant wet conditions and lack of sunny days within the last month. Temps will slowly creep up during Spring in a normal year, but the rainfall and dreary/cloudy days are the norm right now.

i think most are more annoyed by the constant wet conditions and lack of sunny days within the last month. Temps will slowly creep up during Spring in a normal year, but the rainfall and dreary/cloudy days are the norm right now.

Ditto. I think most are complaining about the rain, not the temps.

Ditto. I think most are complaining about the rain, not the temps.

Frankly, I am tired of seeing cloudy and rainless days. Its cool, cloudy and windy. It's been many years since I have seen a spring with so many windy days and yet cloudy days. Usually the norm is sunny and breezy days intermixed with rainy days. We have been real close this spring to severe outbreaks yet they have fallen apart like this past Sunday. The stratus cloud deck has really choked off the ability to form severe weather events for our area. Once the stratus clouds disappear in the next few weeks- especially after 9-10 am, all hell will break loose with severe weather. Those stratus clouds will become the building blocks for nasty storms in the afternoon. I have seen this in the past and it will happen again. I can say that within the next couple of weeks plants and trees will bloom everywhere. With all that pollen, moisture from the stratus clouds and wet soils booming t-storms will be around.

I think this spring has just been a lot of quick ups and downs. Typically we used to have some trends, like a few cold days in a row or a few days gradually getting warmer followed by one hot day with the cold front in tow, then you would start the whole cycle again over a period of a few more days. But this year everything is moving so fast. It's weird how you'll have a cold day with strong Northwest winds (and usually by this time cold winds should be coming from the NNE not the NW) followed by clouds that night and by then that wind has completely shifted direction. No clear cold night before the transition. Then the next day is abnormally warm and cloudy. I can't remember any spring like this. I know cooldowns this time of year can happen quickly but our warmups have been just as sudden and thats unusual. And did I see lake effect snow in Upstate NY yesterday (I know that's usually another forum but ties in with what I'm saying)?

PHL is running around 80% cloud cover for this month, which is quite high, so I'll grant you this part of the argument. Average is 60-70, I believe.

Meh, I'd rather have temperatures 10 degrees below normal with sunshine, rather than temperatures 10-15 degrees above normal with more rain if I had a choice. :rolleyes:

I kind of agree. With the sun, at this time of year, 10 below normal is still quite comfortable, as long as there is no wind.

Archived