Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD/Elko, NV : (Not During Storms) OBS Discussion/Banter Thread

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, Ray. I'm sure it was a fun project.

You got that thing wired up to send a signal directly to your iPod?

Or are you going to make your Dad walk outside and phone in the obs?

Maybe I should tap into that sucker, as I am getting NULL weather for the foreseeable future.

Davis provides a portable display which is inside the house. Probably not waterproof so it shouldn't go outside ;) I might see into getting it on the internet at some point before my next trip back East 3 months from now.

The wind instrumentation mounted a little low? Also, shrubs/trees right behind it?

Yeah I almost didn't even bother installing the anemometer, there's too many trees and other obstructions around here to get good readings even if I did manage to get it 10 meters above the ground. But I figured it was better than just letting it collect dust inside the house or throwing it away.

Temps and liquid precip amounts seem to run close to the TTN ASOS, which it should since its less than 2 miles away, so despite the close-by obstructions, the readings look pretty good.

Yeah I almost didn't even bother installing the anemometer, there's too many trees and other obstructions around here to get good readings even if I did manage to get it 10 meters above the ground. But I figured it was better than just letting it collect dust inside the house or throwing it away.

Temps and liquid precip amounts seem to run close to the TTN ASOS, which it should since its less than 2 miles away, so despite the close-by obstructions, the readings look pretty good.

Any wind data is better than nothing. Overall though, nice setup you have there.

That's because I'm currently on the west coast. I actually had rain in Vegas while I was there this morning. I'm in Tulare CA right now and should be heading back to PA for Monday.

Steve, are working driving across counrty or on vacation?

I'll be waiting for snow mountain pic's from the west :).

Archived