Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY / North Country - now on to Summer 2011

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. :) You must be really shaded also....

Here on my full sun lawn it has been but a memory for a couple weeks...excepting the minor snows of a week ago, etc. I have a few remaining patches scattered in the very shaded woods way back.....

It is annoying to be in the full sun, but in the summer I notice much less in the way of bugs, mosquitos, etc., and the freshening breeze is common. So take your pick I guess.....

quote name='West Mtn NY' timestamp='1302305345' post='618801']

Snow still hanging in there................

Nice to see the S word still in my point forecast:

Tuesday Night: A chance of rain before 2am, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. East wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: A chance of rain before 11pm, then a chance of rain and snow between 11pm and 2am, then a chance of snow after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Nice to see the S word still in my point forecast:

Tuesday Night: A chance of rain before 2am, then rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 34. East wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday: Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 48. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: A chance of rain before 11pm, then a chance of rain and snow between 11pm and 2am, then a chance of snow after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

no it's not - it's MID April - time to give up on wishing for late season slop. It's SPRINGTIME

9:40 AM and still waiting for the warm air to break through here. 51F and very overcast. Every forecaster says mid 70's today so I assume something has to give soon.

Only a low of 69F last night!

If the COOP obs period didn't include yesterday morning, that would be the previous record high low in April by 11F!

We don't even see this in the summer very often.

There was still a good 4-5ft above 3000 in the high peaks this weekend. Looks like there was a combination of a slide and substantial water that carved out a 5ft deep section maybe a couple weeks prior

Beautiful pics.

Peepers out here also, but most of our snow is gone save the higher elevations north faces. Lawns are really greening up, but no signs of growth yet. I saw daffidils in bloom in Delhi but mine are not quite ready yet.

I was up in Vermont at the farm last weekend, two ridges south of Woodstock at approximately 1000 feet, there was a good one and a half feet of snow on the ground in the fields. I suspect they pretty much melted out by now but it was like when I was a kid.

Nice pics. :thumbsup: The one below looks almost like a slide area I was on -- in the Dix Range like 20 years ago.... It's probably a different mountain though....

There was still a good 4-5ft above 3000 in the high peaks this weekend. Looks like there was a combination of a slide and substantial water that carved out a 5ft deep section maybe a couple weeks prior

4-8-2011134.jpg

I drove down to Saugerties yesterday and en route I was looking at the north facing sides of Windham, the Blackheads, etc. There was still a lot of snow up there...most likely anywhere over 2K feet on that north/east slope still had some.

Beautiful pics.

Peepers out here also, but most of our snow is gone save the higher elevations north faces. Lawns are really greening up, but no signs of growth yet. I saw daffidils in bloom in Delhi but mine are not quite ready yet.

Same here...first peepers on Sunday.... The back lawn finally greened up in patches, but still no real growth. I sneezed so some early trees (maybe willows) are starting. Down around Albany budding is more prolific.

I was over around Rhinebeck on monday and the maples were really pushing buds there.

I got back from a bike ride last night around 7 it was 48* and sleeting??? Once again weird.

Still too much snow in the shaded areas to ride bike on the seasonal roads here but boy it took a hit on Monday.

I could probably cut my grass next week. It's green as anything. dont remember

doing it this early in the past.

I think I had already cut mine by this point last year after we had that crazy weather in the end of march and early april with high 80's. That definitely set the benchmark. This year, my yard is still hurting pretty bad... It has greened up a ton in the past week, but still looking busted relative to normal.

Archived