Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY / North Country - now on to Summer 2011

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next week looks pretty boring and March-like, but indications that winter may stage it's last stand after the start of astronomical Spring.... I guess it is time for the first thread of the nascent Spring season.

Winter-like here right now with snow showers and 34F.

JB calling for a a cold late March/early April period on his new blog.

http://www.weatherbell.com/jb/

Snatching wet snow from the jaws of a mild period? ;) 0C 850 line never really makes it above Albany with the Tuesday/Wednesday system...and pops a new low over SNE. This may be mainly an elevational threat, but not sure....

nam_p48_084l.gif

18z GFS shows large scale blocking pattern developing after Day 10 with the trough moving back into the East, ending a period of warmth.

Pretty wintery this past weekend. Saturday I woke up to a fresh inch of snow. Then Saturday saw off and on snow showers all day and it snowed (lightly) most of Sunday, not accumulating until the sun went down. Just a dusting (or 0.1" or 0.2") of snow Sunday morning and today. Still upwards of 12"-18" of snow in spots, but bare areas also.

Snatching wet snow from the jaws of a mild period? ;) 0C 850 line never really makes it above Albany with the Tuesday/Wednesday system...and pops a new low over SNE. This may be mainly an elevational threat, but not sure....

Our in house meso model was hinting at this on the 00z and moreso 06z run. I "downplayed" it in mind because of both time of day and even then UVM doesn't appear to be all that great so precip intensity will be light (I hope) and thus dynamic cooling will be mitigated by the time of day.

I think there is one more sloppy wet snow storm left in this season. Perhaps during the 27th thru 1 April period then hopefully we're done.

Me too. The snow is all gone in the front yard. I was out yesterday with the snowblower clearing the backyard--about 5 inches left. Anybody else snowblow their yard? :axe:

Yep. I do for my dogs. They need paths around the yard. I can see people laughing probably as they drive by.

The 2 little ones have the snow over their hears when it reaches 8" probably haha.

Well good luck, but I think it may be a waste of gas considering the look on the GFS past day 7. :)

And if the ECM is to believed the scenario Friday/Saturday could be much colder than the GFS shows and even introduce some wintery precipitation. Friday has major bust potential in the temperature area and the 12Z NAM is heading more toward the ECM it seems.

Me too. The snow is all gone in the front yard. I was out yesterday with the snowblower clearing the backyard--about 5 inches left. Anybody else snowblow their yard? :axe:

Well good luck, but I think it may be a waste of gas considering the look on the GFS past day 7. :)

And if the ECM is to believed the scenario Friday/Saturday could be much colder than the GFS shows and even introduce some wintery precipitation. Friday has major bust potential in the temperature area and the 12Z NAM is heading more toward the ECM it seems.

Ana-front? After a warm start colder? Similar to 2 weekends ago (sort of).

A rare March severe day next Tuesday for ENY? Synoptic wind event too? Getting psyched.

... and for tomorrow (Wednesday) Northern Warren County (aka "western" or "southern" adirondacks ;) ) are under a winter weather advisory thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDTWEDNESDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ALBANY HAS ISSUED A WINTERWEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING RAIN...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AMTO 9 AM EDT WEDNESDAY.* LOCATIONS...ADIRONDACKS...MOHAWK VALLEY...SCHOHARIE VALLEY... HELDERBERGS...CATSKILLS.* HAZARD TYPES...FREEZING RAIN.* ACCUMULATIONS...LESS THAN A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.* TIMING...2AM TO 9AM EDT.* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS.* WINDS...SOUTHEAST UP TO 5 MPH.* TEMPERATURES...LOWER 30S.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...ORFREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FORSLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILEDRIVING.

Once we get a bit more moisture in the air..maybe in two hours..we should get a little rain here....Right now, the temp is 35. I had hoped, I would see a little more snow...I still need a bit over two inches to move past Syracuse.

May I recommend that you measure all your remaining snows with this and you'll pass SYR in seasonal snow for sure:

:lmao::P:bike:

Yep. I do for my dogs. They need paths around the yard. I can see people laughing probably as they drive by.

The 2 little ones have the snow over their hears when it reaches 8" probably haha.

I've got a little dog also. Maltese/Shi-tzu.

Once the snow starts to go, I want it all gone. The quicker it is gone, the quicker my lawn dries out. Less mud. Makes for a happier household too as I dont have to hear my wife yell at me and the kids for bringing mud into the house.

I've got a little dog also. Maltese/Shi-tzu.

Once the snow starts to go, I want it all gone. The quicker it is gone, the quicker my lawn dries out. Less mud. Makes for a happier household too as I dont have to hear my wife yell at me and the kids for bringing mud into the house.

2 big ones & and 2 mini dachshund. They are pretty good and dont get too much mud in.

I hate the minefield they leave over the winter once the snow melts and it's visible now. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Archived